News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Gogol Bordello - We Rise Again
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Brain

Been listening to the new Ghost album (Prequelle, released today) all day.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

PDH

Rush - Cygnus X-1Book 1 and 2
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

Clean Bandit feat. Julia Michaels - I Miss You
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

The Who- Tommy
Cream- Disraeli Gears

The Brain

Still listening to Prequelle. Awesome album.

Eddie Teach

Pink Floyd- Atom Heart Mother

Eddie Teach

garbon

Hole - Pacific Coast Highway
Morrissey - Dear God, Please Help Me

QuoteThere are explosive kegs
Between my legs
Dear God, please help me

Then he motions to me
With his hand on my knee
Dear God, did this kind of thing happen to you?

Now I'm spreading your legs
With mine in-between
Dear God, if I could I would help you
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Minsky Moment

McCoy Tyner Trio - Live at Sweet Basil (1989)

This band stayed together for about a dozen years, I saw them play about 5-6 times during the 1990s. Kind of surprised I never picked this up (it's OOP now but easy to find used).  Playing with Tyner is a challenge as he fills the room with sound - his solo records sound like other peoples' bid bands.  Luckily, in Avery Sharpe he had one of the best (and most unheralded) bass players of this generation.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

The Carters - Summer

New 'duo' for the collaboration between Jay-Z and Beyonce. I went to their concert on London on Saturday eve where they said they were letting us be the first public audience to see their new music video/their album was now out. I thought it was just one of those fake statements as they'd just played London the night before. Then it turned out, when I checked online, that the concert I went to is when they first publicly announced the album. So jaded. -_-

Syt

Following in the footsteps of The Who (The Kids Are Alright) and The Offspring (The Kids Aren't Alright), Bad Religion have released The Kids Are Alt-Right: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hES9IBTPbcw
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.