News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

frunk

XTC, Live at RockPalast 1982

Damn shame about Partridge and them stopping touring soon after this.

Tonitrus

mongers

King Crimson - 'Live in Asbury Park, NJ' - June 1974. :gasp:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tonitrus

Bill Withers - Take It All In And Check It All Out

Some timeless wisdom.  :sleep:

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Minsky Moment

John Coltrane - Coltrane Plays the Blues (1960/2)

I've been listening to all the Coltrane Atlantic recordings I didn't have on CD - this one stood out as when the combo with McCoy Tyner (piano) and Elvin Jones (drums) began to really hit its stride.  It's the blues oriented counterpart to My Favorite Things, recorded at the same time, but released more than a year earlier.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

James Brown - Love Power Peace (1971)

This is from the brief period when Bootsy and Catfish Collins were in the band - they would leave shortly after this recording.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

mongers

Picked up REM's 'Automatic For The People' in a thrift shop today, as a reminder to go and buy the new remastered 25th anniversary edition; no I bloody well won't, checked on amazon and they want 80 Fucking quid for it. :blink:

I'd seen them talking on the news about the release and their somewhat interesting opinions on Trump and yet they're also promoting their own special sort of bullshit as above. :rolleyes:

Rock egos know no bounds?

Josephus

that is a lot for what is essentially 3 CDs and one DVD. Here, Amazon.ca has it for $100, which is still pricey considering I paid $190 for the latest ELP set which has all their albums, a triple Live LP and about four live CDs.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on November 19, 2017, 12:25:41 PM
that is a lot for what is essentially 3 CDs and one DVD. Here, Amazon.ca has it for $100, which is still pricey considering I paid $190 for the latest ELP set which has all their albums, a triple Live LP and about four live CDs.

Yes, that's a relative bargain in comparison.  :)

garbon

Simply Red - Holding Back the Years
No Doubt - Ex-Girlfriend
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Brushing up on my history  :P

Boney M- Rasputin
Iron Maiden- Alexander the Great
Neil Young- Cortez the Killer
Billy Joel- We Didn't Start the Fire
The Royal Guardsmen- Snoopy vs the Red Baron
They Might Be Giants- Istanbul (Not Constantinople)
Bastille- Pompeii
The Band- The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?