News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 25, 2017, 02:55:25 AM
Hey Syt, remember a cuppa four five years back you asked for advice about how to get into the blues, I told you start with Stevie Ray Vaughn, all these other poseur wankers said that's white boy lamer blues and you have to go straight to BB King?  Did you take my advice or not?

I think I might have already asked you this question a few years back.

:unsure:

I sometimes listen to blues playlists on Spotify.  :blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Tinie Tempah feat. Tinashe - Text From Your Ex
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on February 28, 2017, 05:17:58 AM
Tinie Tempah feat. Tinashe - Text From Your Ex

Needs more Ts.  :)

Oh and the songs quite good.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on February 25, 2017, 10:56:57 AM
Hey Syt, remember a cuppa four five years back you asked for advice about how to get into the blues, I told you start with Stevie Ray Vaughn, all these other poseur wankers said that's white boy lamer blues and you have to go straight to BB King?  Did you take my advice or not?

I think it was me who asked that question, many years ago.

mongers

Quote from: Tamas on February 28, 2017, 09:18:58 AM
Quote from: Syt on February 25, 2017, 10:56:57 AM

Then try 'The Robert Cray Band' it's accessable blues, that has a rock tinge, upbeat presentation and not totally depressing lyrics.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tamas on February 28, 2017, 09:18:58 AM

Ah OK, my bad.

Reason I brought it up was I had sung a Stevie Ray song that night and it reminded me of just how much he wails on the guitar.

So did you make any headway on the blues?

Tonitrus

The Heavy - Short Change Hero

Tonitrus

Syt

Amon Amarth - With Oden On Our Side

Perfect for a Friday morning. :punk:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

Kim Carnes - Does It Make You Remember

garbon

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Midnight Oil - Power and the Passion
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM