And we're back!

Main Menu

EVE Online

Started by Crazy_Ivan80, March 10, 2009, 11:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on March 26, 2009, 12:35:40 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 26, 2009, 12:23:42 AM
That's a bowlful of LULZ.  IRCarebears get assraped, film at 11.

Indeed, it is quite the funnies.

Goon is winning the game, and they don't even have to shoot anything - just betray people.

And after all the rules and regulations, after all that DONTGOTOZEROZEROSPACEWITHOUTPERMISSION crap, all the "Hey Let's Be Blue To Everybody So We Never Shoot At Anyone Even If We're Ganged With Another Ally's Enemy" bullshit, and the broomsticks up all your IRC leadership's asses, you guys still got cornholed.

Now that is the funnies.

Grey Fox

So is Seedy's guild the only goonfree one of the game?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Berkut

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 26, 2009, 05:43:06 AM
Quote from: Berkut on March 26, 2009, 12:35:40 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 26, 2009, 12:23:42 AM
That's a bowlful of LULZ.  IRCarebears get assraped, film at 11.

Indeed, it is quite the funnies.

Goon is winning the game, and they don't even have to shoot anything - just betray people.

And after all the rules and regulations, after all that DONTGOTOZEROZEROSPACEWITHOUTPERMISSION crap, all the "Hey Let's Be Blue To Everybody So We Never Shoot At Anyone Even If We're Ganged With Another Ally's Enemy" bullshit, and the broomsticks up all your IRC leadership's asses, you guys still got cornholed.

Now that is the funnies.

Oh yeah, IRC never shoots at anyone.

The truth is Seedy is that the only real problem you had with IRC is that they thought you were an asshole, and you didn't like that.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 26, 2009, 06:32:35 AM
So is Seedy's guild the only goonfree one of the game?

Considering that all a "Goon" is in this context is someone who is a member of the Something Awful forums, there are probably quite a few out there that you don't know about, and never will know about.  I know for a fact there are Goons in non GS (GoonFleet is the Goon corp, the others aren't) or Pineapple (GROON) corps who are not spies or anything like that.  Just regular members.  There are also other "Goon run" corps that don't really recruit from Something Awful, and there are "Non Goon" corps that do recruit there (not all of their members, of course). 

Instead of saying "Goon," the word you're probably looking for is: spy.  And no, Seedy is probably spying on and scamming himself when he gets bored.

Grey Fox

Damn nosepicker.

I'll rephrase. Is Seedy's guild the only one without an agent of The Mittani's organization?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 26, 2009, 01:46:08 PM
Damn nosepicker.

I'll rephrase. Is Seedy's guild the only one without an agent of The Mittani's organization?

:D  Probably.

Edit:  Well IRC might not have any anymore.

Berkut

What annoys me more than whatever fuckup let some douchbag Goonfuck wipe out another alliance is that IRC is too naive to think that they need to respond to the propaganda.

Goon is lying their asses off about how IRC foolishly attacked RA, earning the just wrath of Goon, when everyone inside the relevant alliances knows damn well that is bullshit.

What I wonder is if this was Goon taking advantage of an opportunity that came up, or whether they manufactured the RA-IRC war just so they could pull this.

Anyway, Goon talks, everyone knows they are liars, but since IRC won't respond, their version of events becomes Pravda. It is an interesting phenomenon.

0 rows returned

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Berkut on March 26, 2009, 02:19:35 PM
What annoys me more than whatever fuckup let some douchbag Goonfuck wipe out another alliance is that IRC is too naive to think that they need to respond to the propaganda.

Goon is lying their asses off about how IRC foolishly attacked RA, earning the just wrath of Goon, when everyone inside the relevant alliances knows damn well that is bullshit.

What I wonder is if this was Goon taking advantage of an opportunity that came up, or whether they manufactured the RA-IRC war just so they could pull this.

Anyway, Goon talks, everyone knows they are liars, but since IRC won't respond, their version of events becomes Pravda. It is an interesting phenomenon.

This is a quality rant.

Berkut

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 26, 2009, 02:31:32 PM
Quote from: Berkut on March 26, 2009, 02:19:35 PM

This is a quality rant.

This isn't CAOD.

0 rows returned

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Berkut on March 26, 2009, 02:56:24 PM
This isn't CAOD.

Could have fooled me.   :P

Edit:  Hey...is IRC a centralized type alliance?  Is that why so much shit was in the hangars like that?

Berkut

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 26, 2009, 03:14:26 PM
Quote from: Berkut on March 26, 2009, 02:56:24 PM
This isn't CAOD.

Could have fooled me.   :P

Edit:  Hey...is IRC a centralized type alliance?  Is that why so much shit was in the hangars like that?

No, it isn't CAOD - so you don't really have to effect the goonie smart-ass asshole schtick. Besides, Seedy does it way better than you anyway.

As far as IRC, I don't really know. I am pretty much a nobody, and haven't even been playing much lately. AWE was certainly the main force in the alliance though.

0 rows returned

MadBurgerMaker

Edit:  Nevermind.  :lol:  Please continue about the Goonie conspiracy to get IRC to siege C-J6 while the allies that occupy that area are attacking AAA and making them ping pong back and forth, Berkut.  We wouldn't want it to be like CAOD.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 26, 2009, 01:36:40 PMAnd no, Seedy is probably spying on and scamming himself when he gets bored.

You know that's right.

Berkut

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 26, 2009, 04:02:19 PM
Edit:  Nevermind.  :lol:  Please continue about the Goonie conspiracy to get IRC to siege C-J6 while the allies that occupy that area are attacking AAA and making them ping pong back and forth, Berkut.  We wouldn't want it to be like CAOD.

I am pretty sure I said nothing about that - just noted that everyone involved is perfectly aware that IRC did not attack RA as Goonies claim. Perhaps you are not - I don't know - certainly IRC and RA know exactly what happened. Attacking CJ-6 came after that, obviously.

But this isn't CAOD, so you don't have to do the whole lying for Goonies thing as part of their modus operandi. There really isn't anyone here to lie to - I am certainly not worth the effort, since I know what actually happened.

But I do think it is an interesting question, kind of a chicken and egg thing. Did Goons create the war so they would have an excuse for another epic example of their grieifing, or was it just a happy coincidence?

That I do not know, and I imagine you don't either.

0 rows returned

Berkut

IRC is pissing me off.

Beyond whatever idiocy allowed this to happen, their first response was to shut down the IRC forums. I guess so they don't have to listen to people like me demanding to know how in the hell they let this happen.

Perhaps that is for the best - maybe their best chance for negotiating some kind of deal is without any interference from the rank and file, but it is pretty damn annoying when nobody is saying anything.

I suppose their could be a lack of trust issue going around...

0 rows returned