News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EVE Online

Started by Crazy_Ivan80, March 10, 2009, 11:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Truth be told, I don't give a shit about Goonies and tinfoil whiners being annoyed by CCP. It's still a droplet compared to how they annoy me.  :P

The facts are, Goonswarm created a new Band of Brothers corp whose sole purpose is to deny BoB them from using this name again, so they fell back on KenZoku which was in existence at the time. They petitioned for a new name two months ago, and CCP has granted it.

GoonSwarm created this precedent by using the mechanics to wreck a superpower within 24 hours. While it may be against the rules, it was petitioned through the official channels and it was approved.  For what they have lost in power, structures, POS, and credibility because of one individual deciding to cripple his alliance forever because he was bored and dissatisfied, I do not think that allowing them to change a name is that excessive. But hey, let's kick the dying guy while he is down, eh?

We are a far, far cry from the whole t20 scandal. It's still only a name change, for Heaven's sake. And see people bring back t20 again and again to argue that CCP is corrupt and biaised over what is only a name change is pitiful and, quite frankly, childish.

And the new name sucks anyway. I prefer KenZoku.

And really, the people who believe that CCP is incurably corrupt are nonetheless still paying to play and use CCP's (private property) forum to spread their inane drivel. So they should walk the talk and leave. If they don't, then they should STFU.

And yay for the patch tomorrow! :w00t:

Grey Fox

So CCP participates, what's wrong with that? I really doubt that Goon doesn't get any help.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Drakken on March 24, 2009, 12:12:14 PM
GoonSwarm created this precedent by using the mechanics to wreck a superpower within 24 hours. While it may be against the rules, it was petitioned through the official channels and it was approved.  For what they have lost in power, structures, POS, and credibility because of one individual deciding to cripple his alliance forever because he was bored and dissatisfied, I do not think that allowing them to change a name is that excessive. But hey, let's kick the dying guy while he is down, eh?

Well...yes. 

If that "dying guy" wants to change the name of his alliance, he's supposed to also suck up the consequences for doing so.  If changing it the way it is supposed to be changed would cause irreparable harm, maybe they should think about how much they really want the new name.   Shit...CCP apparently denied Stain Empire's petition to change the typo in their name when they first created it, forcing them to repeat the alliance creation process, repay the fee, etc. 

As far as Goons somehow creating the precedent, camping alliance names and tickers has been done before, both by Goons, and non Goons.  None of those other alliances ever got their names back (Except one that I know of, although only from posts about the current "incident," who's petition to change it back was denied after the holder gave up the name, and they had to reform if they wanted it, with all the consequences).

The KenZoku name already existed, wasn't offensive (only stupid), didn't even have any typos, or anything like that.  It was just changed for no reason other than they wanted it changed, with no consequences whatsoever, and it has apparently pissed quite a few people off, and not just Goons. 

As a side note, the KenZoku name was immediately camped as well.   :lol:

Edit:  An example:

http://eve-search.com/thread/1032494/page/3#70

Quote from: Some guy named clone 1 in an alliance called "Lotto Syndicate"Sorry but you are wrong. I don't like goons, I don't like them more than I don't like BOB/.BOB. .

It affects me because I was denied a 'name change' (all I wanted was a capital 'C') and was denied due to the rules by which everybody in the game are governed, and it applies to me because our old alliance was denied a change of 'U' to 'u' (within the first hours of creating the alliance) based on the rules by which everybody in the game are governed. Everybody it seems except BOB.

Rules are rules until a BOB incident changes them.

"Please keep in mind that the names cannot be changed after you have created the account, character or corporation so please take care what you name them."

"Player-run corporations, factions, organizations and player-owned items within the EVE Online game world are also subject to these rules and policies."

http://www.eveonline.com/pnp/namepolicy.asp

That's why I am ****ed off. THAT'S WHY.

Berkut

Some are more equal than others.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Berkut on March 24, 2009, 01:01:50 PM
Some are more equal than others.

Maybe, although maybe after this they'll start allowing alliance name changes, and hey...maybe that will gradually trickle down to character names and I can get rid of the stupid random generator name my main dude has. :w00t:

Berkut

Huge fight going on in our home system today.

RA came in, we dropped a titan on their fleet, they brought in a BS fleet, apparently there has been heavy fighting going on all day. The IRC killboard is filling up fast, we seem to be doing pretty well, as far as I can tell.

0 rows returned

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Berkut on March 24, 2009, 01:50:36 PM
Huge fight going on in our home system today.

RA came in, we dropped a titan on their fleet, they brought in a BS fleet, apparently there has been heavy fighting going on all day. The IRC killboard is filling up fast, we seem to be doing pretty well, as far as I can tell.

Hey that reminds me.  I was checking out the IRC killboard yesterday, and it doesn't seem to load anything for the weekly kills and losses from the links at the top.  Is something broken on my end, or should I be looking somewhere else to keep track of whats going on over there?  Which campaign would this fall under?  Homeland, Down South, or Love Thy Neighbors?  All of the above? 

Whenever I go to look at losses, most of the dates showing up are from 2007.

Edit:  Looking here: http://www.intrepidcrossing.org/killboard/?a=home  Maybe it's the wrong killboard?

Edit2:  Ahha...must have been an old KB.  Found this one: http://irc.eve-kill.net/

Berkut

0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

I love how CCP gave me shit about my ticker of "IDA", which they said was too close to the Irish Development Agency, and yet they allow a corporation named the "Tamil Tigers" to run around.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 24, 2009, 06:34:30 PM
He does have a dread kill on there, so that's cool.

And Al Haig was in the room when Watergate was discussed.  Doesn't mean he had anything to do with it.

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 24, 2009, 07:49:18 PM

And Al Haig was in the room when Watergate was discussed.  Doesn't mean he had anything to do with it.

:lmfao:
and the horse you rode in on

Berkut

0 rows returned

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 24, 2009, 07:49:18 PM

:lol: