News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EVE Online

Started by Crazy_Ivan80, March 10, 2009, 11:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

Apocrypha is up, big ass patch for a big ass update. this is going to take a while to download :(

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadBurgerMaker

Have you tested it out yet?  Doesn't blow up your computer or house or anything?

Edit: Sweet jesus 1300+ mb. 

Crazy_Ivan80

still downloading... it's a cruel joke by ccp :( The one day I have a bit of time this week.

MadBurgerMaker

Whoa....the new POS shields look cool.  The new warp graphics are pretty nifty too.

OH GOD THE SKILL QUEUE IS HERE

Ivan, there's another, smaller DL after the main one is finished.  It's only like 13mb or something.

Evil Spock

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 10, 2009, 12:42:33 PM

OH GOD THE SKILL QUEUE IS HERE

OMG, time to re-up when I can spare the time,

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 10, 2009, 12:42:33 PM

Ivan, there's another, smaller DL after the main one is finished.  It's only like 13mb or something.

yeah, I found and applied it. EVE is now working as it should. Shame I don't have time to look at it atm.
Happy hunting in any case

MadBurgerMaker

CCP broke something with this expansion.  Massive traffic control issues (I think they said they hardcapped Jita at 200 people), and now the servers have just crashed. 

Edit:  This thread should be moved.

Berkut

The new character creation process is insanely streamlined.

You start with 50k skill points instead of 800k, and you don't have to really make any choices - everyone starts out the same.

Then you train at double speed for the first 1.6M skill points.

Makes good sense - everyone can simply train what they like, instead of fiddling with various race/trait options to try to get what they want.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Things are certainly getting interesting with IRC.

Red Alliance was in our space, which is fine since they were blue, but they ahd some neut friends with them, so of course and IRC gang blew them away, which angered RA, who demanded we set their friends to blue, I guess we refused, so then we went to war with RA.

Bunch of fights, some good, some bad, much fun had by all.

Now we just found out that GS has set us neut, and apparently our sources are saying they are not very friendly. So yeah. IRC went from being blue to damn near everyone, to red/neut. Should be interesting. I might have to actually logon once in a while...

Of course, GS is rpetty far from us now, so maybe this doesn't really mean that much.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Check out this awesome editorial fromone of the goon leaders:

http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/65476

0 rows returned

Grey Fox

:D I love Eve.

What's going to happen now that the Goons won?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Berkut on March 23, 2009, 08:16:57 AM
Check out this awesome editorial fromone of the goon leaders:

http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/65476

The Mittani is also giving a lecture to EVE University later today, apparently.  Darius JOHNSON gave one yesterday.   :xd: 10 minutes on managing large groups and how important newbies are followed by an hour and a half of QA stuff.  Less swearing than you might expect, and very few if any racial slurs.  It was interesting to hear what sort of questions newbies (I guess...it's Eve University, after all) outside of GS have for a guy who runs a very large and (certain) newbie friendly organization.

Edit:  Oh yeah...forgot you were in IRC, Berk. 

QuoteOf course, GS is rpetty far from us now, so maybe this doesn't really mean that much.

You guys should probably just concentrate on RA for the time being.

Edit2:  Oh yeah, check this out: http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Band_of_Brothers_Reloaded/corporations

Kenny is now .BoB., or Band of Brothers Reloaded.  :D  The name is apparently longer than the maximum character limit for alliance names, they didn't have to drop sov to get it (start a new alliance with a new name), and some people are saying they are also now the only alliance with a lower case character in their ticker.  Don't really know about any of this, only that it's a stupid name.  Again.

Drakken

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 23, 2009, 09:41:47 AM
Edit2:  Oh yeah, check this out: http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Band_of_Brothers_Reloaded/corporations

Kenny is now .BoB., or Band of Brothers Reloaded.  :D  The name is apparently longer than the maximum character limit for alliance names, they didn't have to drop sov to get it (start a new alliance with a new name), and some people are saying they are also now the only alliance with a lower case character in their ticker.  Don't really know about any of this, only that it's a stupid name.  Again.

The problem is that it has awaken the thousands of delusional conspiracy nutcases who believe that CCP are still favorizing BoB and giving them underhanded help.  :tinfoil: :frusty:

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Drakken on March 24, 2009, 10:37:22 AMThe problem is that it has awaken the thousands of delusional conspiracy nutcases who believe that CCP are still favorizing BoB and giving them underhanded help.  :tinfoil: :frusty:

Well they might actually have a point with the sov aspect of it (the number of characters and the ticker thing...who gives a shit about that).  Apparently the way you normally go about getting a new alliance name is to pay a fee, then start it up all fresh and new, as in, you don't hold any space, etc. 

People are somewhat annoyed because when Band of Brothers got disbanded, they had, or should have had, to make a choice between reforming as a new alliance with a new name and not getting that sov 1 back for a week, or simply joining up with an existing alliance and start regaining sov immediately.  They chose the second option, joined KenZoku (some sort of alt alliance of theirs or something), and then somehow got to change their name without any of the suckiness involved in doing so.  You've got to admit, it's kind of awkward for an alliance that was technically started yesterday to hold sov 3 in some places, even though that takes something like a month to attain.  vOv

They don't have any stations or anything though, and they obviously weren't able to hold on to sov 1 anyway, so it's not really that big of a deal (on its own, at least).  And wow, you'd think they could come up with something better than just adding "Reloaded" to their name, and some periods to their ticker.

Edit:  There is a patch coming tomorrow.  No extended DT (not really...only 15 minutes so far), supposedly. http://www.eveonline.com/updates/patchnotes.asp?patchlogID=184