The Wide, Wide World of Apple

Started by Barrister, August 24, 2009, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

I am as big an Apple guy as you'll find, but if gaming is a concern you pretty much have to go with Windows.  It's not that you can't game on a Mac (you can), and it's not that you can't dual boot into Windows if the game lacks a Mac version, but the general lack of discrete graphics cards is what does you in.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Oexmelin

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 13, 2017, 11:47:43 AM
The updated Apple iOS 11 is more life- and energy-draining than any girlfriend.  Goddamn.

Yep. My ipad is basically useless now.
Que le grand cric me croque !

mongers

Quote from: Oexmelin on October 30, 2017, 01:53:08 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 13, 2017, 11:47:43 AM
The updated Apple iOS 11 is more life- and energy-draining than any girlfriend.  Goddamn.

Yep. My ipad is basically useless now.

I guessed this might be the case with my ipod touch 6th if I tried the 'upgrade', so didn't bother.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

I'm still grinding with my iPad 2. Makes for a nice Tablet while on the shitter.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DontSayBanana

So at work, our IT department got an email from Apple that iOS 9 would no longer be supported as of November 1. Apparently, they only send it if an iOS 9 device registered to us has been online in the past 30 days, so we've got to find out who's still got a 4S or a 5 and hit it with a claw hammer hard reboot it to make sure it's not connecting to our network.
Experience bij!

CountDeMoney

Shame.  I really liked my 4s.  Just the right size.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

HVC

ios 11.1 broke the calculator app. way to go apple. Zombie Steve Jobs has gotta be pissed.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on November 08, 2017, 03:51:36 PM
Zombie Steve Jobs has gotta be pissed.

I'm really getting fed up with Apple and its need to change shit for the sake of changing shit. Makes me want to shatter a hipster app developer's jaw with a motherfucking framing hammer. 

Fuck.  I think I'm done with these fucking monkeys.

HVC

Blame hipsters all you want, but you know it's some out of touch gen Xer going on about innovation and using the word synergy incorrectly
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on December 03, 2017, 11:12:06 PM
Blame hipsters all you want, but you know it's some out of touch gen Xer going on about innovation and using the word synergy incorrectly

But it's being used ironically.

schaksen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 04, 2017, 01:41:11 AM
Quote from: HVC on December 03, 2017, 11:12:06 PM

But it's being used ironically.
Nah we are over the days of irony, now its only about disruption driven innovation, making it okay for bosses to be dicks, because it's disrupting and thus innovation.
Formerly known as Gumby, this was/is my pdx nick

CountDeMoney

My 6 Plus contracted the dreaded Touch Disease.  Prognosis was terminal, and sliding downhill fast.  Ordered an 8 Plus.   :blush: #FeelLikeAWhore

Just couldn't pull the trigger on the X.  Looks like too much new funkiness.  Old guy likes his home button.