News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you Drinking?

Started by Fireblade, August 22, 2009, 06:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

I believe I'll abstain for a few days.  Bockfest hit me kind of hard last weekend.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Quote from: derspiess on March 05, 2018, 04:23:57 PM
I believe I'll abstain for a few days.  Bockfest hit me kind of hard last weekend.

You're such a fucking woman.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

So many local breweries do their own bock beer now for Bockfest.  And I had to try them all.  Plus the obligatory Salvator & Celebrator.

I'm no spring chicken anymore :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Well I just got dumped so I'm gonna keep drinking.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Sorry, man. 

Sapphire does go down pretty smooth :)

The Brain

Thanks guys!

And it does. Time for my third now. Brb.

crazy canuck

Sorry about that Brain.

Over the weekend I polished off our Gunpowder Gin we picked up in Ireland to sooth some of my own circumstances.

https://drumshanbogunpowderirishgin.com/

Good stuff  :)

Next I will be turning to another Gin we picked up there.  Might have to go back and get some more the way things are going.

Savonarola

When I was in Detroit last I found a Saison ale called "En Enfer" by Avant-Garde Artisan Brasseurs out of Quebec.  I thought that was a clever name.  (Une Saison en Enfer is a book by Arthur Rimbaud.)

On that subject, does anyone know if Bob Dylan or Rick Danko took the opening line to "This Wheel's on Fire" from the introduction to Une Saison en Enfer?
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

derspiess

Was it good?  The beer, I mean.

Savonarola

Quote from: derspiess on May 11, 2018, 02:56:19 PM
Was it good?  The beer, I mean.

I liked it; it wasn't at all funky as Saison beers too often are.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: derspiess on March 05, 2018, 04:48:50 PM
So many local breweries do their own bock beer now for Bockfest.  And I had to try them all.  Plus the obligatory Salvator & Celebrator.

I'm no spring chicken anymore :(
:console:  I hear ya, man.  I have a tough time going back to back days.  When I retired from the industry a couple years ago I lost the last of my youthful drinking powers.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Savonarola

When I was last in Detroit I picked up:

(No, I didn't have it with Texas Medicine.)  Detroit Distillery has some of the coolest labels for their liquors; and naturally naturally that one appealed to me.  Unfortunately it's nothing to write home about; it tastes like Beefeater, but costs twice as much.

derspiess

Caliga

Old Forester (neat).

For an 'entry level' ryed bourbon it is, at least for me, surprisingly drinkable.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points