And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you Drinking?

Started by Fireblade, August 22, 2009, 06:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireblade

Quote from: vonmoltke on August 22, 2009, 11:35:54 PM
Quote from: Fireblade on August 22, 2009, 08:48:54 PM
Although the guy at the counter was telling me about a new brand of vodka made in Texas, called Tito's. Think I might pick up a bottle of that next time I get paid, just to add to the bar.

Tito's may be new for you, but its been around here for years.

We Arkansans take awhile to care about anything that comes from Texas. :thumbsdown:

Fireblade

Anyway, after drinking four rum and cokes (heavy on the rum), and capping my night off with another Italian beer, I'm changing my verdict to delicious. Peroni perfectly complements a hot, humid night out on the porch with a hookah and a good book. BarristerBoy, you, sir, are Canadian and therefore a fraud, and naturally know nothing about how good beer should taste. Good day, and VIVA ITALIA.

Korea

Bottom shelf vodka and pepsi :X
I want my mother fucking points!

Valmy

Quote from: Fireblade on August 23, 2009, 12:59:34 AM
We Arkansans take awhile to care about anything that comes from Texas. :thumbsdown:

Good.  We don't want our glorious culture desecrated by the redneck hillbilly hands of Arkansans.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Lucidor

Yesterday a few beers.

If you should ever find yourself in Romania, take care to find Silva Black - it is the only remotely good beer there is. It's dark brown in colour, taste is dominated by sweetness from (Munchener?) malt and some burnt notes from the chocolate malt. A bit heavy on the alcohol, and you feel it, 7%, but it mixes well with the other flavours. Best served at a little warmer than fridge temperature.

There are some OKish beers here, but I think it's pretty much a wine-country.

Peroni is just the water they use to clean the tanks after making real beer.

Fireblade - you should try Liberty Ale from San Francisco at your porch-sitting sessions. Lots of lemon from the hops, but not too hoppy to offer refreshment.

Alatriste

'Mort Subite' (i.e. 'Sudden Death') belgian beer...  Raspberry beer! Good for a change, exotic, etc., but far too acid for my taste. And a Murphy's Irish stout.

Sophie Scholl

Just put a 6er of Southern Tier Imperial Pumpking on tap at work.  If you like pumpkin beers, try to track this stuff down.  It's probably one of the best ones I've had.  Soon to be tried:  Spaten Oktoberfest.  Mmm mmm. :mmm:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Lucidor

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on August 24, 2009, 02:41:30 AM
Just put a 6er of Southern Tier Imperial Pumpking on tap at work.  If you like pumpkin beers, try to track this stuff down.  It's probably one of the best ones I've had.  Soon to be tried:  Spaten Oktoberfest.  Mmm mmm. :mmm:

Spaten Oktoberfest is one of the best märtzen I've tried.

Do you work in a bar? A good bar that has good beer? :D

Sophie Scholl

We're kind of small compared to some beer bars I've been to, but we have 12 beers on tap and about 80 or so different types of bottled beer.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Lucidor

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on August 24, 2009, 03:23:59 AM
We're kind of small compared to some beer bars I've been to, but we have 12 beers on tap and about 80 or so different types of bottled beer.
You can't have much more than that and still serve fresh beer from the tap, IMO.

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on August 22, 2009, 07:29:40 PM
Actually I did find one good Italian beer - Forst.  But then again it is from the German-speaking part of Italy, and beer is one of the few things the Germans can do well when it comes to food.

Moretti La Rossa is an excellent beer as well.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Lucidor on August 24, 2009, 08:59:56 AM
You can't have much more than that and still serve fresh beer from the tap, IMO.

Yes, you absolutely can if you have enough customers.  One of my local spots has 60 beers on draft.  Anything that is past its recommended date gets heavily discounted on the weekends so they get rid of it pretty quickly.  You Euros may not believe it, but a system like that works if managed properly.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

ulmont

This weekend was brought to you by Newcastle Brown Ale, which has about as crappy a website as a business can.  Heavenly stuff.  Fuck all you IPA hop guys.

derspiess

Quote from: ulmont on August 24, 2009, 09:41:50 AM
This weekend was brought to you by Newcastle Brown Ale, which has about as crappy a website as a business can.  Heavenly stuff.  Fuck all you IPA hop guys.

I like Newkie and IPA :hug:

This weekend I had some delicious Amber from this place, which is about 2 miles from my house: 

Their stout is out of this f*cking world.  Can't find a growler of it anywhere now, though  :(

Caliga

Drinking absinthe (for the first time) now.  It's awesome  :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points