News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you Drinking?

Started by Fireblade, August 22, 2009, 06:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireblade

The discerning alcoholics counterpart to the "What are you Eating?" thread!

I just got back from the liquor store. I picked up a fifth of Evan Williams Kentucky whiskey and a handle of Bacardi white rum (the staples of my drinking diet). But I also picked up something I'd never seen before..

A six-pack of Italian Peroni birra. This shit tastes like Corona a Mexican already pissed out. God damn, can those wops do ANYTHING right? They can't make decent wine, they can't make decent liquor, and they can't even brew a drinkable fucking beer. The methods they used to brew this piss water are so lazy, it's no wonder those dirty greaser fucks never move out of their parents house. Fuck Italy and NUKE ROME.

Nah, just kidding, it's pretty good.  ;)

Barrister

No, actually beer is about the only thing the Italians can't do right.  Peroni really isn't any good.  But they make some phenomenal wines. :mmm:

I think I shared this story, but I'm typically a beer drinker.  So the first few days in Italy I'd order beer.  And I kept finding it to be rather expensive, and not all that good.  But when I finally broke down and ordered house wine it was tremendous, and dirt cheap.

Actually I did find one good Italian beer - Forst.  But then again it is from the German-speaking part of Italy, and beer is one of the few things the Germans can do well when it comes to food.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on August 22, 2009, 07:29:40 PM
Actually I did find one good Italian beer - Forst.  But then again it is from the German-speaking part of Italy, and beer is one of the few things the Germans can do well when it comes to food.
They make a damn fine wiener.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 22, 2009, 07:36:46 PM
They make a damn fine wiener.

Anything with meat and mustard, really. And chocolate. ...Actually, the only time you should run screaming from German cuisine is when they insist on using vegetables. ;)
Experience bij!

Fireblade

Quote from: Barrister on August 22, 2009, 07:29:40 PM
No, actually beer is about the only thing the Italians can't do right.  Peroni really isn't any good.  But they make some phenomenal wines. :mmm:

Meh, it's like Bud Light with a slightly.. less cheap taste, I guess. That's not entirely a bad thing, since it's a hot, humid night out. It's not something I'll buy again, but it's not terrible.

Fireblade

Now I am drinking: Rum and coke with lemon juice. :mmm:

Ancient Demon

I just bought a bottle of Italian brandy called Vecchia Romagna, and it's pretty good.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Fireblade

Quote from: Ancient Demon on August 22, 2009, 08:35:29 PM
I just bought a bottle of Italian brandy called Vecchia Romagna, and it's pretty good.

That's what I hate about my new local liquor store. It's all wine. <_<

Although the guy at the counter was telling me about a new brand of vodka made in Texas, called Tito's. Think I might pick up a bottle of that next time I get paid, just to add to the bar.

Now drinking: Diamond Bear (Arkansas brewed :yeah: ) Honey Weiss bear.

http://www.diamondbear.com/

If anyone wants to try this delicious product of Arkansas, allow me to make some recommendations:

Honey Weiss: My favorite beer by them. Buy this one first.
Southern Blonde: It's a Pilsner lager. Quite delicious, as well.
Irish Red and Pale Ale: They're okay, if you like those kinds of beers.
Presidential IPA: :x Disgusting, like all IPAs. I can't believe people actually drink IPAs.

Scipio

Lazy Magnolia Indian Summer wheat ale.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Alcibiades

Some absolute and monster tonight probably...good blend of keeping me awake and doesn't taste too horrible while getting me there fast.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

citizen k

Sam Adams, Michelob Amberbock and coffee

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

sbr

Nothing, haven't had a beer in a week. :shakes:

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Fireblade on August 22, 2009, 08:48:54 PM
Although the guy at the counter was telling me about a new brand of vodka made in Texas, called Tito's. Think I might pick up a bottle of that next time I get paid, just to add to the bar.

Tito's may be new for you, but its been around here for years.