My computer doesn't have a problem

Started by DGuller, August 20, 2009, 08:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Quote from: DGuller on August 24, 2009, 08:45:43 PM
What's a PIO?  Pain in orifice?

Processor-handled Input Output. Basically, DMA is the motherboard's "doctor's note" that allows it to dip into RAM while bypassing the processor, making it go faster.

When Windows gets six I/O errors (failed CRC or time-outs), it drops down from DMA to PIO. If it's still pulling this stuff after I reformat, I'll slap in another HDD.
Experience bij!

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on August 20, 2009, 08:37:35 PM
I installed another copy of Vista

There, your problem identified.

You're welcome.  :)

Martinus

garbon

May this subforum last as long as the writing forum and alt history subfora before it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

bogh

Quote from: Valdemar on August 24, 2009, 05:48:57 AM
Quote from: Liep on August 24, 2009, 05:40:54 AM

And Bogh is the one in TDC.

And I guess I need Boegh then :D

V

Did anyone call? Drop me a PM or start a new thread and we'll take a look at your options.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on October 10, 2009, 11:46:14 AM
May this subforum last as long as the writing forum and alt history subfora before it.
:lol: I forgot about the alt history subforum.

moderated by Timmy Turtledove
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on October 16, 2009, 01:29:32 PM
:lol: I forgot about the alt history subforum.

moderated by Timmy Turtledove

Hami did a good job raping that forum.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

HOnestly I think this forum has already generated more threads and posts than those other forums...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on October 16, 2009, 01:32:46 PM

HOnestly I think this forum has already generated more threads and posts than those other forums...
I thought the writers forum generated alot of traffic.  For some reason alot of people didn't get access to it, though.  I had access but I have no idea why and I never posted a single thing in there.  No wait, I think I made fun of someone's emo poem.

What I miss the most are the Keewee subforums.  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

As long as most PCs are Windows-based, this sub-forum will never go dead.

garbon

Well, sir, you are quite mistaken.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

I gots me a freebie Fuji Stylistic ST4000 tablet computer. With a whole p3 933 processor.

I loves it. I can pretend to be a Drug Rep douchebag now.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Good Hod, my new work computer has a GTX 285 in it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DGuller

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 20, 2009, 08:23:46 AM
Good Hod, my new work computer has a GTX 285 in it.
What kinds of work do you do?

Grey Fox

I test Machine Vision software.

We're trying to develop GPU optimization for our algorithms probably why it has that card. Altho, I haven't been assign to that Project yet.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.