News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ohio, the heart of it all

Started by Ed Anger, August 04, 2009, 09:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

That third hat is straight up: pimp.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 07, 2009, 10:15:18 AM
hell, I haven't even posted stories of the mayor of Dayton and her strange hat fetish.

Nothing strange about it. She's an old black lady. Haven't you ever read Curtiss?  :D
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 07, 2009, 12:58:00 PM
Nothing strange about it. She's an old black lady. Haven't you ever read Curtiss?  :D

That's a good point.  I had a black co-worker who was always talking about how his wife was gonna quit her day job & focus on "selling hats" full-time.  It always gave me a chuckle until he showed me how much $$ she brought in at each show.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 07, 2009, 10:15:18 AM
hell, I haven't even posted stories of the mayor of Dayton and her strange hat fetish.

Only Curtiss I know is the former airplane manufacturer and now aerospace/engineering firm Curtiss Wright.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

I don't read the comics much anymore.  :blush:

garbon

Nothing strange about it. She's an old black lady. Haven't you ever read Curtiss? gone to a black church?  :D

Edited for appropriateness. ^_^
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on August 07, 2009, 03:22:04 PM
Nothing strange about it. She's an old black lady. Haven't you ever read Curtiss? gone to a black church?  :D

Edited for appropriateness. ^_^
Ooh, ooh, I have!  It was OSSUM.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

I attended a black wedding.  It was... unbelievably animated.  Just to give you an idea, the audience (parishoners?) shouted out the vows, and at the end the groom grabbed and kissed her so hard that I was beginning to wonder if he was going to bend her over the altar.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on August 07, 2009, 03:25:54 PM
I attended a black wedding.  It was... unbelievably animated.  Just to give you an idea, the audience (parishoners?) shouted out the vows, and at the end the groom grabbed and kissed her so hard that I was beginning to wonder if he was going to bend her over the altar.

Closest I ever got was a wedding where the bride was Dominican.  And her side wasn't as entertaining as I had hoped :(

Ed Anger

QuoteSOUTH EUCLID -- A 14-month-old boy wandered from his house Friday and was found crawling in the middle of a busy street by a passing driver.

"Thank God nothing happened and that people stopped," police Lt. Jeff Meyers (Captain Obvious) said.

The child was crawling in the middle of Bayard Avenue near Warrensville Center Road about 8:45 a.m. The youngster was wearing only a diaper and a green onesie, witnesses said.

Rachel Downey of South Euclid was on her way to work when she approached the intersection and couldn't believe what she saw. She slammed on her brakes and jumped out of the car to prevent other cars from passing her and hitting the toddler.

"He was smack in the middle of the street," Downey said. "I grabbed him and looked for adults."

Nobody was outside, but Downey headed toward a house with an open front door. A 9-year-old girl then ran outside yelling for the toddler. Downey asked to speak with the girl's mother, but the child grabbed her brother and ran inside screaming.

The toddler was crawling and Downey said she probably would have hit him but the moving baby caught her eye. Downey's 5-year-old son was in the car with her.

"It's pretty awful," Downey said. "I'm still in shock. It's very upsetting."

The child's mother could not be reached for comment.

Police said the mother was upstairs in her home and left the toddler in the care of an older child. The house is under construction. The 14-month-old wandered outside when a construction worker left a door unlocked, Meyers said.

The case is under investigation. Police referred it to county social workers, which is standard in child investigations, Meyers said.

Katy Nozar of South Euclid was in the car behind Downey and also spotted the toddler in the street.

"I thought it was a doll," Nozar said. "It was so bizarre. I would have never thought it was a baby."

Viking

Quote from: The Brain on August 04, 2009, 11:17:04 AM
What's with the local shit? I don't have a fucking Swedish thread.

Here in Norway the Swedes are the local "Newfies".
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Korea

I want my mother fucking points!

Syt

You should keep a better eye on your kids, Ed.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.