News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ohio, the heart of it all

Started by Ed Anger, August 04, 2009, 09:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 29, 2017, 11:03:32 AM
"Sorry Nick,"

:lol:

:lol:  What else can you say?

11Bravo: "If it'll make you feel better, you can do me next time."

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 29, 2017, 01:22:14 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 29, 2017, 11:03:32 AM
"Sorry Nick,"

:lol:

:lol:  What else can you say?

11Bravo: "If it'll make you feel better, you can do me next time."

Ride the lightning.  :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

QuoteThe 22-year-old suspect has been charged with obstructing official business, failure to disclose personal information and resisting arrest, according to the Associated Press.

Now that's what I call a douchebag state.

Tonitrus

Quote2921.29 Failure to disclose personal information.
(A) No person who is in a public place shall refuse to disclose the person's name, address, or date of birth, when requested by a law enforcement officer who reasonably suspects either of the following:

(1) The person is committing, has committed, or is about to commit a criminal offense.

(2) The person witnessed any of the following:

(a) An offense of violence that would constitute a felony under the laws of this state;

(b) A felony offense that causes or results in, or creates a substantial risk of, serious physical harm to another person or to property;

(c) Any attempt or conspiracy to commit, or complicity in committing, any offense identified in division (A)(2)(a) or (b) of this section;

(d) Any conduct reasonably indicating that any offense identified in division (A)(2)(a) or (b) of this section or any attempt, conspiracy, or complicity described in division (A)(2)(c) of this section has been, is being, or is about to be committed.

(B) Whoever violates this section is guilty of failure to disclose one's personal information, a misdemeanor of the fourth degree.

(C) Nothing in this section requires a person to answer any questions beyond that person's name, address, or date of birth. Nothing in this section authorizes a law enforcement officer to arrest a person for not providing any information beyond that person's name, address, or date of birth or for refusing to describe the offense observed.

(D) It is not a violation of this section to refuse to answer a question that would reveal a person's age or date of birth if age is an element of the crime that the person is suspected of committing.

So, basically a "snitch" law? :P

(with a pedophile exemption)

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

@CBSNews
Police are investigating reports of "zombie-like" raccoons in Ohio. One animal followed a man to his door, where it proceeded to stand up on its hind legs, show its teeth, then fall over backward into an almost comatose condition. (link: http://cbsn.ws/2GQAyur) cbsn.ws/2GQAyur

IT BEGINS
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Brain on April 05, 2018, 12:26:03 PM
Do you have enough ammo?

I like shooting coons.

WAIT THAT SOUNDS RACIST
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/444984-powder-keg-in-dayton-ohio-city-braces-for-kkk-rally?__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true

Quote'Powder keg' in Dayton: Ohio city braces for KKK rally

City leaders in Dayton, Ohio, called for calm ahead of a rally in the city this Saturday planned by a group linked to the Ku Klux Klan.

Mayor Nan Whaley (D) encouraged people to avoid Dayton's downtown area Saturday as counterprotesters are expected to clash with the Honorable Sacred Knights of Indiana.

"The City Commission and I hope that May 25 can be remembered not as a day of hatred and bigotry, but as a day that our community demonstrated that we are united against hate. There are many ways to show this opposition, but for public safety we are encouraging people to avoid downtown during the rally on May 25," she said in a video Tuesday.

"Extremists such as this hate group are not interested in a conversation and try to use these events to provoke responses from the crowd. Our goal for May 25 is to ensure that everyone in our community is safe and that we meet this attack on our values by celebrating what makes Dayton great."

Officials approved the permit for the rally in February, saying they had no choice but to approve the application, which was ultimately filed accurately after applicants submitted it using fake names.

"We are legally obligated to provide access to public spaces where individuals can exercise their freedom of speech and right to assemble," Montgomery County Administrator Michael Colbert told local media outlets.

About 10 to 20 or more members plan to attend the rally, according to the group's application. Members of the New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense, which was rejected by the original Black Panther Party as a hate group, Antifa and other leftwing and anti-racist groups are expected to attend, according to Newsweek.

Dayton sued the KKK-linked group in March to prevent it from holding the rally, citing the permit application's declaration that the rally's attendees plan on bringing weapons.

Whaley said the city is coordinating with residents to prepare for the rally, convening a Committee on Safety and Emergency Preparedness and launching trainings for city employees to become familiar with the National Incident Management System and Incident Command System as detailed in the city's Regional Emergency Operations Plan.

The city created the platform unitedagainsthate.com after meetings with community leaders to establish "a way for residents to share diverse ways they plan to respond before, during and after the May 25 event."

Rabbi Ari Ballaban, the director of Dayton's Jewish Community Relations Council, warned this week of the potential for violence, invoking the deadly 2017 counter between white nationalists and counterprotesters in Charlottesville, Va.

"Courthouse Square will be a powder keg on the 25th. Not only will the KKK be present, but there will likely be thousands of angry counter-protestors there, many bused in from around the region. I trust our local police to ensure Dayton not become the next Charlottesville, but I still wouldn't recommend someone I loved place themselves in such a situation," he wrote in a statement.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

Dude, please don't do this again.  Reactivating one of Ed's threads creates false hopes.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

mongers

Quote from: grumbler on May 24, 2019, 10:39:13 AM
Dude, please don't do this again.  Reactivating one of Ed's threads creates false hopes.

Good point.

:(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.