News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2022 Winter Olympics

Started by Maladict, January 17, 2022, 10:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Apparently we're having the Olympics in about two weeks. Who knew?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

I knew because I love Olympics.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Gaijin de Moscu

I don't watch olympics, but I knew because there was some talk of boycott or some such.

Duque de Bragança

Does the NHL "boycott" the Winter Olympics by not allowing the players to go for the ice hockey tournament?

DGuller

At least nothing should happen in Ukraine during the Winter Olympics, that's the only exciting part about them.

Duque de Bragança

Sheilbh

I always like the Winter Olympics but it's a very different vibe. With the Summer Olympics I'm always just amazed and in awe of what the athletes are doing physically, with the Winter Olympics there's more terror - I find things like luge and skeleton and ski jumping vicariously very stressful.

Plus they're sports - unlike, say, swimming, athletics, gymnastics - where I just don't really understand how they talent spot. I don't get how you discover you're a really good tobogganist.

And I've already checked out the curling schedule :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Crazy_Ivan80

This year's main event is making Uyghurs disappear.
Side events are Hong Kong squashing and Quarantine Meisterschaft.
Returning is sabrerattling

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on January 17, 2022, 10:13:11 AM
We should boycott them.

Only pariah states want to host them any more.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 17, 2022, 07:23:10 PM
We should boycott them.

The next Olympics are in France, Italy and the USA.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Rex Francorum

Don't care about Olympics, even if I prefer the Winter one.
To rent

Josquius

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 17, 2022, 09:14:36 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 17, 2022, 07:23:10 PM
We should boycott them.

The next Olympics are in France, Italy and the USA.

From what I've read they do seem to be taking a positive turn with Tokyo and the coming winter Olympics potentially being the last of the dark age of peak capitalism.
Paris plans to use a lot of existing facilities with a minimum of new construction.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on January 18, 2022, 01:06:18 AM
From what I've read they do seem to be taking a positive turn with Tokyo and the coming winter Olympics potentially being the last of the dark age of peak capitalism.
Paris plans to use a lot of existing facilities with a minimum of new construction.

What does this mean? :unsure: