Would you go to a Christmas party with unvaccinated people?

Started by viper37, December 14, 2021, 02:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Depends. If they are unvaccinated because they are anti-vaxxer snowflakes then no.  It'd be one long snoozefest while they all bleat about their politics and how they're persecuted. 
PDH!

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on December 14, 2021, 03:15:37 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 14, 2021, 02:37:49 PM
I've been to several parties hosted by British people where only the vaccinated were invited and everyone had to show proof of a negative lateral flow. :hmm:

The host is

It was a pretty easy requirement to satisfy.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on December 14, 2021, 03:23:19 PM
Quote from: Valmy on December 14, 2021, 03:22:12 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 14, 2021, 03:18:48 PM
The only risk is if you invite some unvaxxed blowhard who wants to make a scene...

Always a concern in Austin. Weird anti-government and anti-institution paranoia goes deep here. It is the home of Alex Jones after all.

Even there though - it's a private party in a private home.  It has nothing to do with government or institutions.

Um unless they are allowed to do or say or go wherever and whatever they want at all times it is censorship and tyranny!!!11

That or we are all tools of evil western medicine corporate establishment and we should all just get the right energy vibration from our crystals.

Or both...depending upon what kind of quirky Austinite I am dealing with.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Iormlund

Even if my conspiracy nut cousin showed up for our Christmas party I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be allowed inside.

I've cancelled indoor non-family events. Had a few while our incidence was very low, but until Omicron blows over my parents take priority. I'm pretty sure all of us were vaccinated as well, since it was supposed to be a requirement for entry at restaurants (judiciary has stayed the order for now).

viper37

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 14, 2021, 02:29:45 PMthis may be British not talking about things and medicine/health being private - but
Well, we usually don't discuss medicine/health either, but there is this thing called Facebook were people constantly post stuf... :P

He uses a shared account with his wife, and it's fairly easy to know when he's the one writing, lately, everything is about covid, dicatorial confinement, anti-vax conspiracy theories, etc.

Quotebut for other reasons I'd probably swerve a party with a conspiracy nut :lol:
The subject will likely come up, and I'll have to try hard to keep my mouth shut and put him in his place. I know my step mother is not fond of going to an indoor party with all of them unvaccinated, especially him.

Thanks all for the suggestions.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

FunkMonk

My cousin and her boyfriend are hardcore anti-vax types from the other end of the spectrum. All about putting natural ingredients and positive energy into your body, only eating vegan, etc etc. We always have Thanksgiving at my Aunt's house in Texas but this year we had two separate Thanksgivings because of those two. My wife and I didn't want them and their kids near our 9-month old baby, especially indoors.

We saw everyone else in the family while visiting my ancestral home except them. Not bothered about it either.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Quote from: viper37 on December 14, 2021, 07:23:17 PM
The subject will likely come up, and I'll have to try hard to keep my mouth shut and put him in his place. I know my step mother is not fond of going to an indoor party with all of them unvaccinated, especially him.

Thanks all for the suggestions.
Yeah I know if there was someone like that I would get into an argument and possibly ruin an otherwise delightful family event :ph34r:

Plus I'd be surprised and unprepared so I would probably lose the argument too :(
Let's bomb Russia!