News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Started by Darth Wagtaros, November 29, 2021, 11:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

I used Futureme to send me an e-mail in one year's time, last November.
It just arrived.
"it is the day after Thanksgiving.  It has been a shitty year.  If 2021 sucks consider doing something more drastic. quit job. found band, etc."
I wish I had the first idea as to what to do that would be both drastic and successful.  :jaron:
PDH!

Syt

What will you call your band? :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

You don't actually have to be in the band you found.  All you need is to hang around teenagers in garages.  You could travel the country founding bands.  You'd be the Johnny Apple-Seed of bad renditions of Iron Man.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

I wish to know more about this band
██████
██████
██████

Darth Wagtaros

Looking at the material I have available, I'm thinking it'll be in Second Life, so we don't have to see how embarrassed we are to be in it.

PDH!

PDH

Can I be the manager who steals all the money?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on November 29, 2021, 01:15:32 PM

Can I be the tone deaf roadie who drinks all the beers and steals the nicest guitar in lieu of pay?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: mongers on November 29, 2021, 03:15:57 PM
Quote from: PDH on November 29, 2021, 01:15:32 PM

Can I be the tone deaf roadie who drinks all the beers and steals the nicest guitar in lieu of pay?
Yes, but youy'll also need to get addicted to crack.  It is part of the character that we just can't compromise on.  PDH can free up some of the money he's stolen.
PDH!

PDH

It if means crack, crank, horse, ketamine, uppers, downers, screamers, looies, space coke, and maybe some weed then I can spare some coin.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Darth Wagtaros

OK, mongers you have Special K and crack, so you can get up and down.  Plus the liquor, but the band itself is supplying that directly. You will need to get married in two different states and sire 12 children by at least 5 women though.
PDH!

Josquius

Forget the drugs. Surely driving a van will be more of a problem for mongers?
██████
██████
██████

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Tyr on November 29, 2021, 04:37:05 PM
He wants his crank, he'll fucking drive the giant bus.
PDH!

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on November 29, 2021, 04:37:05 PM

I've driven numerous vans in my time, including as a sound and light roadie etc.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Darth Wagtaros

My idea to start a fictional failed band turned into an argument over whether someone was able to drive an imaginary bus/van while on a bunch of non-existent narcotics. :(
PDH!

PDH

Hell, the band even broke up before the first rehearsal.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM