News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Canada Election 2021

Started by Josephus, August 15, 2021, 10:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rex Francorum

Yeah same. It was quick. Strangely, I read on Radio-Canada that there was a shortage of election workers and that waiting could be longer this year. I guess I was lucky.

Voted Bloc. They are head to head with the liberal Jean-Yves Duclos in my riding (Québec). If Duclos wins, I won't be sad. I kinda like him.
To rent

crazy canuck

I heard the same thing and so I went at 10am thinking that would be a slow time.  I was talking to one of the election staff and she told me they were completely empty in the early morning and I had come at a high volume time.  So I got the timing all wrong, but really they were not that busy, so I am a bit worried that turnout is going to be low for this election, at least in my riding.

Barrister

Voting took about 10 minutes for me.  I made it there for 4:30, so not quite the after-work rush but seemed like it was building.  About the typical length.

The orange wave is certainly not starting in the maritimes... :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on September 20, 2021, 08:28:39 PM

The problem with your recent turn as an NDP partisan is that I don't know if this is you pretending to be progressive and thus disappointed, or whether you're genuinely disappointed because you were hoping for an NDP wave to undermine the Liberals :D

Grey Fox

I voted back in advanced polling. I had to wait 1 hour. It was a mistake.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

I should have voted in advanced polling, I couldn't make it in time tonight.  Oh well.

Still hoping for a minority Conservative government.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on September 20, 2021, 08:35:36 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 20, 2021, 08:28:39 PM

The problem with your recent turn as an NDP partisan is that I don't know if this is you pretending to be progressive and thus disappointed, or whether you're genuinely disappointed because you were hoping for an NDP wave to undermine the Liberals :D

You don't think a leopard can change his spots? :(

Josephus

Quote from: viper37 on September 20, 2021, 09:21:52 PM
I should have voted in advanced polling, I couldn't make it in time tonight.  Oh well.

Still hoping for a minority Conservative government.

Won't happen.

CBC just called a Liberal victory.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on September 20, 2021, 09:24:26 PM
You don't think a leopard can change his spots? :(

I believe in redemption, yes.

I was not, however, completely convinced by your recent turn as progressive partisan :(

viper37

Not again!  :(

Oh well.  Hopefully, they won't have a majority.  I'll be curious about the Greens and PPC score, and where they scored the most.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Jacob

If the current elected + leading holds (which is still a bit early), it looks like a minority Liberal government that can rely on either the BQ or the NDP to pass something.

Zoupa

So 600+ millions later and we get the same parliament. Great job Trudeau.

Barrister

I can't believe people turned up the chance to vote for dreamy Jagmeet Singh in favour of that corrupt piece of shit Trudeau.

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on September 20, 2021, 09:46:37 PM
it looks like a minority Liberal government that can rely on either the BQ or the NDP to pass something. anything they want.

Fixed it for you.  No need to thank me.

viper37

Quote from: Zoupa on September 20, 2021, 10:32:56 PM
So 600+ millions later and we get the same parliament. Great job Trudeau.
It was expected. It was either a minority PLC or a minority PCC.