News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Canada Election 2021

Started by Josephus, August 15, 2021, 10:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

I know we have a general interest Canada thread.

But let's use this for the election.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Brain

Without pics I cannot give meaningful input.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Quote from: The Brain on August 15, 2021, 10:46:01 AM
Without pics I cannot give meaningful input.

Canada doesn't have any political parties led by a h0ttie.  :(

HVC

I don't know, Trudeau is prettier then most other countries politicians, male or female.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josephus

Quote from: HVC on August 15, 2021, 03:53:29 PM
I don't know, Trudeau is prettier then most other countries politicians, male or female.

He's definitely hotter than any other Canadian federal party leader.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on August 15, 2021, 07:04:28 PM

But the media keeps telling me how popular Jagmeet Singh is with teh yoots? :unsure:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on August 15, 2021, 09:28:32 PM
But the media keeps telling me how popular Jagmeet Singh is with teh yoots? :unsure:

You should probably treat Josephus opinion on the hotness of Singh vs Trudeau as a reflection of Josephus' tastes rather than some sort of universal aesthetic truth.

Josephus

Quote from: Josephus on August 15, 2021, 07:04:28 PM

but they don't vote :)
Civis Romanus Sum

Josephus

Quote from: Jacob on August 16, 2021, 01:24:56 AM

You should probably treat Josephus opinion on the hotness of Singh vs Trudeau as a reflection of Josephus' tastes rather than some sort of universal aesthetic truth.

You saying I is racilss?  :mad:

I never liked long hair on men.
Civis Romanus Sum

Jacob

Quote from: Josephus on August 16, 2021, 06:38:54 AM
You saying I is racilss?  :mad:

I am not :hug:

I am saying that since reportedly a number of people find Singh hotter than Trudeau. So Beebs should take your opinion as just that, your opinion.

QuoteI never liked long hair on men.

Which is entirely your prerogative.

Neil

I find that Singh's turban is too narrow.  I prefer a slightly fuller look for a turban, like Tim Uppal, for example.  Tim Uppal always chooses the richest of blues for his turban.  It might be my favorite turban in Canadian politics. 
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Jacob

Quote from: Neil on August 16, 2021, 10:11:02 AM
I find that Singh's turban is too narrow.  I prefer a slightly fuller look for a turban, like Tim Uppal, for example.  Tim Uppal always chooses the richest of blues for his turban.  It might be my favorite turban in Canadian politics.

Has Trudau ever worn I turban, I wonder? And if so, what style was it?

Tonitrus

Alas, we voted out our man with the golden turban.  It truly whirled 'bout his head like the dervishs of old.   :(

Jacob

The Conservatives - if they win - will scrap the childcare plan and "send the money directly to parents" (by converting the existing child care expense deduction inot a refundable tax credit to cover up to 75% of the cost of child care for lower income families). Seems on brand.

Other elements of the Conservative platform, according to the CBC:

Robust role for government spending to prop up the economy thorugh the pandemic, with cash injections for businesses.

Increases the Canada Health Transfer by "at least 6%."

Tax credits on investment (of up to $100K) in small businesses, as well as Federal loans of up to $200K (with 25% potentially forgivable) to small businesses.

A one month GST holiday.

Doubling the Canada Workers Benefit for low income Canadians, payed as a monthly direct deposit rather than an end-of-year tax refund.

Neil

Quote from: Jacob on August 16, 2021, 10:35:13 AM
Quote from: Neil on August 16, 2021, 10:11:02 AM
Has Trudau ever worn I turban, I wonder? And if so, what style was it?
Very fancy, and not appropriate for daily use. 

https://i.cbc.ca/1.5289171.1568999202!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/original_1180/justin-trudeau-brownface.jpg

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.