News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

In "honour" of 420 day a marijuana poll

Started by Barrister, April 20, 2021, 11:02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is pot legal where you live, and do you use it?

Marijuana is legal and I use marijuana
5 (10.4%)
Marijuana is legal and I used to use marijuana
10 (20.8%)
Marijuana is legal and I have never used marijuana
7 (14.6%)
Marijuana is illegal and I use marijuana
2 (4.2%)
Marijuana is illegal and I used to use marijuana
10 (20.8%)
Marijuana is illegal and I have never used marijuana
14 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Barrister

I thought we had more potheads around here.

Although Yi hasn't checked in yet.  :ph34r:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sheilbh

Illegal and used to use it. Never a massive fan but I had friends who were huge potheads.

If it was legal and you just get it in the supermarket I'd probably indulge a little.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tonitrus

I've noticed in the UK that while the MJ is illegal, hemp products are pretty ubiquitous.

I find that I have to check ingredients rather carefully, as it slips into a lot of things.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on April 20, 2021, 11:43:54 AM
EDIT: that doesn't mean I want it to remain illegal. Time to end the drug war.

Yeah. Sure wish Biden and the right wing Democrats agreed.

Though I haven't totally lost hope. It is a potential winning move for 2022.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on April 20, 2021, 11:45:41 AM
Shockingly, I'm in the "it's legal but I've never used it" club.

It's only been legal for a couple of years.  I guess I'm at the point where if it was in the absolute perfect setting I might try an edible, but it would have have to be a setting where I'm with other people but not around my kids.  And I have no idea when that would ever happen.

What's holding you back? i mean i don't expect you to go out there and become a hippie, or anything, but you seem way too cautious. Still a stigma in the prosecutors world?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on April 20, 2021, 12:13:35 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 20, 2021, 11:45:41 AM
Shockingly, I'm in the "it's legal but I've never used it" club.

It's only been legal for a couple of years.  I guess I'm at the point where if it was in the absolute perfect setting I might try an edible, but it would have have to be a setting where I'm with other people but not around my kids.  And I have no idea when that would ever happen.

What's holding you back? i mean i don't expect you to go out there and become a hippie, or anything, but you seem way too cautious. Still a stigma in the prosecutors world?

Not really - there are almost certainly some of my colleagues who use it.  But yeah it's not really discussed openly - I've never heard anyone say "yeah I can't wait to go home and smoke a bowl".

I kind of covered it above.  I would want someone else to be present in case I react badly to it, but I wouldn't want to be acting all stoned in front of my kids.

PDH

Like Meri I use it occasionally, it's legal here in licensed shops or to grow for personal use.  I don't smoke, 2 nasty bouts of bronchitis in my 20s ended that for me.  Mostly I use it every now and then to help sleep after those fun days.  I find it to be similar in experience to being slightly drunk.

I would guess I wouldn't use it if I had other reactions, I know paranoia can be associated with it.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Iormlund

Back in the day I'd take a hit if a joint was offered. Pretty sure it was illegal back then, but nobody gave a fuck. Hell I've seen my friends snort coke in broad daylight in front of a cop car and they didn't even bother to give them a warning.

I have known guys who had mental health issues after a lot of smoking, but they were doing all sorts of stuff as well. My take is drugs seem to exacerbate whatever issues you have.

Barrister

Quote from: Iormlund on April 20, 2021, 12:48:26 PM
Back in the day I'd take a hit if a joint was offered. Pretty sure it was illegal back then, but nobody gave a fuck. Hell I've seen my friends snort coke in broad daylight in front of a cop car and they didn't even bother to give them a warning.

I have known guys who had mental health issues after a lot of smoking, but they were doing all sorts of stuff as well. My take is drugs seem to exacerbate whatever issues you have.

Drugs mix very badly with mental health issues.

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on April 20, 2021, 11:51:39 AM
I thought we had more potheads around here.

Although Yi hasn't checked in yet.  :ph34r:

Also, Malthus
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on April 20, 2021, 12:50:42 PM

Yeah you probably shouldn't do them.

But you know what mixes even worse with mental health issues? Prison.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Champions don't use drugs to stay out of gaol.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on April 20, 2021, 12:52:23 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 20, 2021, 12:50:42 PM

Yeah you probably shouldn't do them.

But you know what mixes even worse with mental health issues? Prison.

What are you implying here?

Josquius

None of these really apply to me.
It's illegal and I don't really use it but it's also not accurate to say I used to use it. Depends which friends I'm hanging out with, albeit not for a while what with lockdown and those friends being elsewhere.
██████
██████
██████