News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

In "honour" of 420 day a marijuana poll

Started by Barrister, April 20, 2021, 11:02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is pot legal where you live, and do you use it?

Marijuana is legal and I use marijuana
5 (10.4%)
Marijuana is legal and I used to use marijuana
10 (20.8%)
Marijuana is legal and I have never used marijuana
7 (14.6%)
Marijuana is illegal and I use marijuana
2 (4.2%)
Marijuana is illegal and I used to use marijuana
10 (20.8%)
Marijuana is illegal and I have never used marijuana
14 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Barrister

I was just wondering just how many pot heads we have here.

Obviously people can answer however they like, but what I have in mind for "I use marijuana" is if you've used in within the last few months or so.  I'm not trying to judge anyone on how frequently you use it.

"Used to use it" is meant to capture those who maybe used it in college or when younger, but haven't touched it in a long time.

As for legal / illegal, I mean just that - can you openly purchase and possess marijuana.  If it is merely decriminalized it is still illegal.

And I said "used it" in order to capture all different forms - it includes smoking it, edibles, concentrates and the like.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tonitrus

It is illegal where I am now...has been legal in places I've been (Alaska/Washington)...but always illegal for me due to employment status.

Never used it...never had a desire to use.  Pretty certain I'd never smoke it, even after I retire (and in a place where it is legal).  Would I try it in brownie/baked good form sometime in the future when legally allowed to...maybe?   I don't think I'd ever go out of my way to obtain it, but might sample if I were offered it (and thought I was in a "safe" situation to do so). 

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

i used it a bit in high school when it was illegal. don't do it now. i can't handle it. it doesn't make me paranoid, but it's like I dissociate. i also lose track of time.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Brain

It's illegal and I don't betray the law.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

I have quasi-used it within the past several months and it is illegal where I live.*

*Specifically, I've used Delta-8 THC, which is, in KY, technically 'not illegal'. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Crazy_Ivan80

illegal and never used it. No desire to use it either.

celedhring

"Private consumption" is legal. Growing it for distribution, or using in public, is not.

Haven't used in 5 years or so.

Jacob

Legal where I live. Used it a few time in the last millenium and didn't find it particularly compelling.

merithyn

Legal where I live (and have lived) for the last four years. I don't enjoy smoking it (I have asthma), so I don't do that. But I do have gummies that I use when I'm dealing with extreme anxiety or having trouble sleeping. So maybe once every month or so? In the last year, I've had half a gummy maybe six times? Even less frequent before that.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

I don't like smoking, never used it. It is "illegal" despite pot smoking being Austin's unofficial pastime.

Though my wife certainly stocked up when we went to Colorado in late December :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Never used.  I'm very boring.  Also the Psychiatrist said it might cause permeant psychosis.

EDIT: that doesn't mean I want it to remain illegal. Time to end the drug war.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Shockingly, I'm in the "it's legal but I've never used it" club.

It's only been legal for a couple of years.  I guess I'm at the point where if it was in the absolute perfect setting I might try an edible, but it would have have to be a setting where I'm with other people but not around my kids.  And I have no idea when that would ever happen.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Zanza

Still illegal here. Owning enough for private consumption is not punished here, but police will still confiscate.

I have tried it a handful times in my youth, but not in the last decade. No interest either.

Richard Hakluyt

Tried it a few times decades ago, didn't do anything for me and I find the smell unpleasant.