MLB 2021

Started by Syt, April 01, 2021, 05:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

I'm amazed by los gigantes.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Royals up to 11 losses in a row. :weep:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Apparently 8 vaccinated members of the Yankee organization are Covid positive, with one player placed on the Covid IL.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Minsky Moment

Gleyber Torres

Useful reminder that the vaccines are not 100% proof against infection or transmission , although all the Yankees cases are asymptotic.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

Just leaving this beautiful play by the Pirates here without comment: https://twitter.com/BarstoolBurgh/status/1397976546141421580?s=20

:lol: :bleeding: :weep:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

For Timmay:

https://twitter.com/MLBONFOX/status/1404168883230199808?s=20

QuoteFor the first time in franchise history, the Red Sox allowed 8 home runs in a single game.

The @BlueJays  won 18-4  :o

—Stephen Jay Gould

The Minsky Moment

Saw the Mets today at Citi Field.
They got knocked out by a Tatis grand slam.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on June 13, 2021, 03:12:29 PM
For Timmay:

https://twitter.com/MLBONFOX/status/1404168883230199808?s=20

QuoteFor the first time in franchise history, the Red Sox allowed 8 home runs in a single game.

The @BlueJays  won 18-4  :o

Bad game, but we've played pretty well so far overall this year.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Anytime something happens for the first time in the history of the Red Sox that is quite an event though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

Especially when you consider the crappy teams they had during the Murderer's Row era and last Philadelphia As dynasty during the 20s and early 30s
--Joan Robinson

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 15, 2021, 10:49:31 AM
Especially when you consider the crappy teams they had during the Murderer's Row era and last Philadelphia As dynasty during the 20s and early 30s

I agree, 8 home runs is a lot, but given how many games by bad teams have been played over the decades, I'm shocked that the record isn't higher than that.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Minsky Moment

Josh Gibson's bref page:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/g/gibsojo99.shtml

Among other things, he is now the slugging percentage and OPS leader for a single season (1937)
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Happy Bobby Bonilla Day everybody!

Oh and somehow the Orioles just swept the Astros. Good times.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

How is it I'm only just learning about Shohei Ohtani, who plays as both a pitcher AND a designated hitter for the Angels?  And who is leading the league in home runs (and has respectable stats as a pitcher)?  And is going to the All-Star game as both a pitcher and DH?

I know - I'm a very very casual baseball fan, but you'd think this guy would be a bigger star...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Barrister on July 05, 2021, 03:16:55 PM
How is it I'm only just learning about Shohei Ohtani,

?????
--Joan Robinson