News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Bloody Taskbar

Started by Josephus, March 13, 2021, 11:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

I just went to play Crusader Kings on Steam on Windows 10 and for some reason the taskbar won't go away from the bottom of the screen.
It's not just CK, I noticed; but all games. I must have done something. How do I get the taskbar to go away when I'm playing games?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Darth Wagtaros

Restart the Windows Explorer process.  That and/or make sure you still have it set to hide taskbar in your Windows settings.
PDH!

Josephus

how do i restart explorer process?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: Josephus on March 13, 2021, 02:34:16 PM

right-click on the windows bar (or CRTL+ALT+DEL), select task manager, go to the section titled "Windows processes", click on "Windows Explorer", click "restart".

It's a similar process as logging out/restarting Windows, so if it does not solve the problem, there's something else that is preventing your task bar from disapearing.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josephus

Quote from: viper37 on March 14, 2021, 07:16:34 PM
Quote from: Josephus on March 13, 2021, 02:34:16 PM

right-click on the windows bar (or CRTL+ALT+DEL), select task manager, go to the section titled "Windows processes", click on "Windows Explorer", click "restart".

It's a similar process as logging out/restarting Windows, so if it does not solve the problem, there's something else that is preventing your task bar from disapearing.

:)
Civis Romanus Sum