COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Zanza

Actually got my booster today. My city opened a new vax center that processes a few thousand persons per day and I booked a free slot when I looked this morning.

The Brain

If the nurse doesn't say "yeeeaah here come the booster" I will be very disappointed.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on November 30, 2021, 01:55:31 AM
My kids got their kids vax today! :yeah:

Picking my son up in half an hour to take him to his shot as well :)

Syt

Just got my booster at the Austria Center (big congress hall near the UN). All very smooth without appointment, though it seems they're only at 25-30% capacity this Saturday morning. The whole place has a strong airport passenger processing vibe, exceptpeople are a lot friendlier. :D

I'm triple-Modernaed now. I'll grab my certificate for the Green Pass on the way put. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

The last holdout in my family - my brother's wife, who's pregnant - has finally taken the vaccine. Apparently her doctor convinced her by telling "put it this way, what do you think it's more dangerous to your baby, the vaccine or Covid?"

Syt

Good on her. My GP said he lost a patient (25, pregnant) who refused to get vaccinated to Covid. (The child was saved.)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

mongers

Quote from: Syt on December 04, 2021, 04:02:30 AM
Good on her. My GP said he lost a patient (25, pregnant) who refused to get vaccinated to Covid. (The child was saved.)

:(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

The booster did a number on me. After 10 hours I had a major headache and my limbs hurt. Spent the night with fever, shivers and chills. Didn't sleep much, but I'm starting to feel better now. :D
—Stephen Jay Gould

mongers

Quote from: Syt on December 05, 2021, 12:38:54 AM
The booster did a number on me. After 10 hours I had a major headache and my limbs hurt. Spent the night with fever, shivers and chills. Didn't sleep much, but I'm starting to feel better now. :D

Which is good, right? :unsure:

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on December 04, 2021, 03:10:51 AM
The last holdout in my family - my brother's wife, who's pregnant - has finally taken the vaccine. Apparently her doctor convinced her by telling "put it this way, what do you think it's more dangerous to your baby, the vaccine or Covid?"

Well, I suppose all GPs have tried that line but repetition may help.

Duque de Bragança

Booster shot this morning at a city hall in Paris, previous two shots were 20 km away in the suburbs.

Moderna this time. Bit of a bleeding prompting some questions by the vaccinator. I did not feel anything.

The Larch

My dad got his booster shot yesterday evening. He seems to be quite sleepy this morning, but nothing more serious than that.

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 07, 2021, 05:36:47 AM
Booster shot this morning at a city hall in Paris, previous two shots were 20 away in the suburbs.

Moderna this time. Bit of a bleeding prompting some questions by the vaccinator. I did not feel anything.

:cool:

Nice venue.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: mongers on December 07, 2021, 07:21:34 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 07, 2021, 05:36:47 AM
Booster shot this morning at a city hall in Paris, previous two shots were 20 away in the suburbs.

:cool:

Nice venue.

In the Rossini Hall of the city hall, without any music Rossini overtures in the background though.