COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

PDH

I snuck in under the wire - UC was all set to vaccinate staff, but California changed their system and now the campus is not going to receive any more 1st doses.  I was eligible to get it from UC (as an essential worker), but not so much from California (where I am essential, but just a cog in the machine).
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Tonitrus

I got the first shot (Moderna) on 1 Feb, and the 2nd this last Friday.

After 1st shot:  Sore arm...that was it.
After 2nd shot: Sore arm again (though much less so), woke up the next day feeling a bit congested and with a temperature...but felt better later enough in the day that I went for a 2.5 mile run.  Maybe felt a little more overall achy/spent after that (but at my age, it can be hard to tell it wasn't just the run) but was better again on Sunday, and back to normal Monday.

Though, in general, it has always felt like my immune system is pretty top notch (I cannot even remember having even a cold or flu in the 2.5 years I've been in Blighty).  :showoff:

merithyn

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 09, 2021, 06:03:04 PM
I got the first shot (Moderna) on 1 Feb, and the 2nd this last Friday.

After 1st shot:  Sore arm...that was it.
After 2nd shot: Sore arm again (though much less so), woke up the next day feeling a bit congested and with a temperature...but felt better later enough in the day that I went for a 2.5 mile run.  Maybe felt a little more overall achy/spent after that (but at my age, it can be hard to tell it wasn't just the run) but was better again on Sunday, and back to normal Monday.

Though, in general, it has always felt like my immune system is pretty top notch (I cannot even remember having even a cold or flu in the 2.5 years I've been in Blighty).  :showoff:

I'm willing to support your last sentence. I was sick as hell the week we were in Scotland, London, and Paris, and you didn't even get a sniffle. :P
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

crazy canuck

My father in law got his first shot three weeks ago.  Mrs. CC is booking hers now (she falls into the category of a visitor to his home*).  Looks like mine is going to happen in April/May.

The boys, are back of the line - young and health.  But no really good idea when that will be.

*If I had been a more dutiful son in law I would probably be on the list...

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Barrister on March 09, 2021, 10:39:01 AM
It really feels like this thread is just our US/UK posters going  :showoff: while the rest of the world just waits.

I'm in the non-prioritized group and my county is vaccinating groups 1A and 1B, so we're probably not getting it until April or May at the earliest.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on March 09, 2021, 11:56:30 PM
I'm in the non-prioritized group and my county is vaccinating groups 1A and 1B, so we're probably not getting it until April or May at the earliest.

Groups 1A and 1B are so fucking goofy.  There's no goddamn group 2, or 3, ,or 4.  1B is the bottom of the barrel.  :lol:

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 10, 2021, 12:29:21 AM

Groups 1A and 1B are so fucking goofy.  There's no goddamn group 2, or 3, ,or 4.  1B is the bottom of the barrel.  :lol:

:lol: yeah that's pretty silly. At least just call it group A and group B. But I guess that would make group B members feel not special.

Up here in BC we have Phase 1, 2, 3, and 4. And I'm in Phase 4.

katmai

Alaska announced signups available for anyone over age 16 effective today
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

If that is the case, why isn't he eligible now? :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: Jacob on March 10, 2021, 01:43:07 AM

:lol: yeah that's pretty silly. At least just call it group A and group B. But I guess that would make group B members feel not special.

Up here in BC we have Phase 1, 2, 3, and 4. And I'm in Phase 4.
In New Jersey it's different.  There is Phase 1A, and then there is Phase 1B, but Phase 1B is phased in in phases.  By virtue of being slightly overweight, I think I'm going to be in the fourth phase of Phase 1B.

I filled out a form today to register myself for vaccine eligibility notifications.  The problem was that when it came to listing individual health risk factors, they lumped in the factors for the second phase of Phase 1B and the fourth phase of Phase 1B in one huge list (Do you have cancer? Do you have diabetes? Do you have slight aches in the morning?).  Given that I'm slightly overweight (BMI of 26), it seems to say that I'm eligible, but I shouldn't be for at least another week.  For now we're only up to the second phase of Phase 1B, which covers severely obese; the overweight ones are going to be in the fourth phase of Phase 1B.

crazy canuck

Our provincial health minister is being interviewed now, he repeated what the PHO said on Monday, that we should be vaccinated by Canada Day - ie by the end of June.

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 10, 2021, 10:29:03 AM
Our provincial health minister is being interviewed now, he repeated what the PHO said on Monday, that we should be vaccinated by Canada Day - ie by the end of June.

That's good. I do hope that they figure out the sign-up process a bit better in our local health authority, though. Seems like someone fucked up.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on March 10, 2021, 10:44:18 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 10, 2021, 10:29:03 AM

That's good. I do hope that they figure out the sign-up process a bit better in our local health authority, though. Seems like someone fucked up.

The problem was with the service provider (Telus).  Vancouver Coastal doesn't have its own call centre (all others do) and Telus assured them that it could handle the call volume - Telus has apologized and it looks like they have fixed whatever their technical problem was on Monday.

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 10, 2021, 10:51:21 AM
The problem was with the service provider (Telus).  Vancouver Coastal doesn't have its own call centre (all others do) and Telus assured them that it could handle the call volume - Telus has apologized and it looks like they have fixed whatever their technical problem was on Monday.

Oh that's good to hear.

HisMajestyBOB

Actually, it's 1A, 1B, 1C, and 2.  :nerd:
https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/health/novel-coronavirus/vaccine
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help