COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Razgovory

My mom will get her shot in about 40 minutes.  I have no idea when I can get one, though it's probably not within the next hour.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Maladict

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on March 09, 2021, 06:14:00 AM

My parents should be able to get their shots soon though.
:yes:
That's the one I'm most concerned about.

Barrister

It really feels like this thread is just our US/UK posters going  :showoff: while the rest of the world just waits.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Savonarola

Quote from: Barrister on March 09, 2021, 10:39:01 AM
It really feels like this thread is just our US/UK posters going  :showoff: while the rest of the world just waits.

If it makes you feel any better, I won't be eligible for at least a couple months.  In Florida the priority went to the elderly and that's a really big demographic here.  The Miami Herald even offered tips on how to deal with vaccine envy:

Don't be mad at your abuela, Miami. Here's how to deal with your COVID vaccine envy
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Maximus

Even as a diabetic I'm not eligible in the current phase, which at current rates looks like it's going to end sometime mid summer.

Josquius

Quote from: grumbler on March 09, 2021, 05:49:33 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 09, 2021, 01:28:03 AM
Anecdotally it does seem like Moderna is the one that fucks people up the most.

I've heard that as well, but the experience at my school is that the Pfizer vaccine was the only one to cause significant side effects. 
Yes, I've heard this.
My mam got the Pfizer one, she was told she had to wait behind for 15 minutes after getting it and couldn't drive herself home again just in case there were side effects.
Its also said to be the one with the best effectiveness iirc?
██████
██████
██████

Berkut

I feel lucky that being a sports official meant I got the vaccine, and then unlucky that being a sports official then meant I got Covid from some dumb kids who refused to wear a mask properly during the game (don't get me started on that).

But I guess I ought to be damn near covid bulletproof now. First shot, then covid, then second shot!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Zanza

I just tried to register as I am in the second priority group in Germany. But when I reached the end of the online booking process, all free slots had been taken. :ultra:

My siblings, both physicians with direct exposure potential are vaccinated already. My parents are not old enough for the current priorities.

ulmont

I just found out I've been vaccinated since November 17, but in my defense I did volunteer for a clinical trial (J&J).

Barrister

Quote from: ulmont on March 09, 2021, 04:29:20 PM

I just found out I've been vaccinated since November 17, but in my defense I did volunteer for a clinical trial (J&J).

:yeah:

Jacob

According the current published plan I'll be getting dose 1 in July and dose 2 in August, but I think that plan is based on limited supply and we are hopeful that with the J&J approval the supply situation will improve.

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on March 09, 2021, 04:38:35 PM
According the current published plan I'll be getting dose 1 in July and dose 2 in August, but I think that plan is based on limited supply and we are hopeful that with the J&J approval the supply situation will improve.

Is BC not doing the 4 month delay?

Iormlund

Not even my parents are vaccinated yet. It's going to take a while.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on March 09, 2021, 04:39:55 PM
Quote from: Jacob on March 09, 2021, 04:38:35 PM

Is BC not doing the 4 month delay?

Yes, I kept hearing that we are... in fact IIRC Dr. Henry was getting blowback for the idea as she was one of the first to do so. So I'm pretty sure we are. Maybe the schedule impact of the decision hasn't been fully calculated and percolated out to the website I was looking at.

So we'll see. I'm not super fussed either way.