COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

11B4V

Quote from: merithyn on March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM
Given that we're an international community, I wondered who has gotten their vaccinations and who is still waiting. I also thought it would be interesting to sort of track when everyone does get theirs, assuming they want one.

I got my first vaccination this afternoon, almost exactly one year after the initial lockdown in the US. I qualified due to being diabetic, which in Illinois was allowed over two months after the 65+ crowd. (The state approved it on February 25th, but my county didn't approve going to that level until last Thursday.)

Anyone else gotten theirs yet?

Yes, back in January
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on March 08, 2021, 04:12:43 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on March 08, 2021, 04:02:31 PM
I know the people who got the vacines in the trial aren't getting vaccinated now (partly to work out how long you're protected) - does that mean the people in the placebo control group also don't get vaccines? Feels a bit weird ethically so I assume you'd have to vaccinate the placebo group at some point - or no? :hmm:

Once the trial is over they're supposed to notify everyone in the placebo group to give them the real thing.

Viper is just confused.  There was talk about doing an actual drug trial where people would be vaccinated and then purposefully exposed to the virus.  As far as I am aware that never occurred.  And there certainly would never have been a placebo control group in that drug trial.

There are a number of drug trials in which it would be entirely unethical to give a placebo.  For example, think about wound management research.  It would be unethical to give a placebo, rather than actual treatment for the wound.  Instead the research compares one type of treatment to another form of treatment.

It would have been entirely unethical (and would never have been given Research Board Approval) to let someone think they had been vaccinated and provided with a false sense of confidence that goes with that.  Instead the studies measured how whether someone who was immunized became infected, and worked their statistical magic that really only DG really understands, to come to their conclusions.

katmai

Benefits of low population state with sizable native population. A local native foundation got larger than expected supply of Pfizer vaccine for March so they opened appointments to any Anchorage residents over 40.

Booked my appointment for first shot on March 23rd.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on March 08, 2021, 03:10:33 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 08, 2021, 03:02:19 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 08, 2021, 02:45:20 PM
It's going to be in late august, early september. So, not yet.

Freaking Americans.

Fuck.  I was really banking on Canada being travelable this summer.  :(

It'll probably be travelable.  I think GF's timeline is about right for everyone receiving their second dose (Quebec is also following that strategy).  It'll be hard to justify having the border closed if the US is largely vaccinated and disease-free.

I'm pretty sure about my timeline. Quebec has indetifiyed 11 wave. I'm in wave 11, expected to start in late summer.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Monoriu

Berkut

Got my first jab Feb 5th. NYS considers sports officials school employees.

Got diagnosed with Covid on the 15th, probably exposed at a basketball game I officiated on the 12th.

Got my second shot on the 26th.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 08, 2021, 09:14:59 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 08, 2021, 03:10:33 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 08, 2021, 03:02:19 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 08, 2021, 02:45:20 PM
It's going to be in late august, early september. So, not yet.

Freaking Americans.

Fuck.  I was really banking on Canada being travelable this summer.  :(

It'll probably be travelable.  I think GF's timeline is about right for everyone receiving their second dose (Quebec is also following that strategy).  It'll be hard to justify having the border closed if the US is largely vaccinated and disease-free.

I'm pretty sure about my timeline. Quebec has indetifiyed 11 wave. I'm in wave 11, expected to start in late summer.

Yeah, I would be very surprised if Yanks were allowed across the border before we are fully vaccinated.   

Admiral Yi

Anecdotally it does seem like Moderna is the one that fucks people up the most.

Richard Hakluyt

First one a couple of weeks back, next one is 13th May.

Maladict

The Larch

I wasn't counting on getting it until the summer as the earliest, as I am in the lowest priority group, but as the AZ vaccine is only being used for u-55s some groups meant to be vaccinated later are being vaccinated already. In my region this means that people as young as 45 might be getting vaccinated soon, so if this policy continues then I might be getting it soon-ish.

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 09, 2021, 01:28:03 AM

I've heard that as well, but the experience at my school is that the Pfizer vaccine was the only one to cause significant side effects. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Maladict on March 09, 2021, 03:44:36 AM
Probably late summer, at best.

Ditto. My position on the vaccine queue is the same as "old" teenagers. Basically, without health issues, from 18 to 49 included, it's late Summer, so September if all goes as planned.

My parents should be able to get their shots soon though.

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 09, 2021, 01:28:03 AM

That's the one I got, and it knocked me on my ass last night. So tired I nearly fell asleep eating dinner. Other than a sore arm, though, minimal other side effects.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Legbiter

My wife is a physio so she'll get her first jab in mid-March. I'll potentially be fully vaccinated June/July if vaccine deliveries hold up but who knows.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.