COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on March 08, 2021, 02:48:15 PM
There have been trials under way in many places in Canada, so I guess they are comparing vaccinated test subjects with those who got a placebo.

I do not know at which point those who got a placebo will be told they need to come back for the real one...

Anyway.  In my area, it's for 75+ right now.
Once it lowers a notch, I'll have my dad's girlfriend register for both of them, and I guess I'll be among the next group, given my health problems.

No placebo shots have been given in Canada.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on March 08, 2021, 03:10:33 PM
It'll probably be travelable.  I think GF's timeline is about right for everyone receiving their second dose (Quebec is also following that strategy).  It'll be hard to justify having the border closed if the US is largely vaccinated and disease-free.

I also need the peelers to be reopened.

Josquius

Mam has had first. Over 60 and has asthma.
GFs dad in Switzerland has had both. Over 60 with a more serious health issue.
My dad, over 60 and healthy, has recieved a letter but no date yet.
No sign of anyrhing for me. I don't have any qualifying health problems.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

I got my first last Wednesday and will be getting my second on March 31st.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on March 08, 2021, 03:41:42 PM
I got my first last Wednesday and will be getting my second on March 31st.

Remind me how you got to jump the line.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on March 08, 2021, 03:30:43 PM
Mam has had first. Over 60 and has asthma.
GFs dad in Switzerland has had both. Over 60 with a more serious health issue.
My dad, over 60 and healthy, has recieved a letter but no date yet.
No sign of anyrhing for me. I don't have any qualifying health problems.
Yeah my dad - almost 80 with health issues - has been vaccinated and my mum - almost 60 - has her jab booked.

The main relief is that all of my very high risk family didn't get covid and have now been vaccinated which I'm incredible relieved about.
Let's bomb Russia!

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 08, 2021, 03:42:33 PM
Remind me how you got to jump the line.
I'm fat, have asthma, and my company deemed me an essential worker.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 08, 2021, 03:30:11 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 08, 2021, 03:10:33 PM
It'll probably be travelable.  I think GF's timeline is about right for everyone receiving their second dose (Quebec is also following that strategy).  It'll be hard to justify having the border closed if the US is largely vaccinated and disease-free.

I also need the peelers to be reopened.

I mean I kind of assumed, but didn't want to go right out and say it... :lol:

I dunno, it's probably 50 / 50.  Are you okay with no lapdances, just watching the show?  And sex workers probably don't follow public health guidelines anyways.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on March 08, 2021, 02:48:15 PM
There have been trials under way in many places in Canada, so I guess they are comparing vaccinated test subjects with those who got a placebo.

I do not know at which point those who got a placebo will be told they need to come back for the real one...

Placebos are used as part of a drug trial.  They need to compare the effectiveness of the drug compared to no treatment.  If you're in a drug trial you'll know it - and you'll certainly have to sign waivers and consents.

What governments are handing out now are the vaccines themselves.  No pracebos.

Sheilbh

I know the people who got the vacines in the trial aren't getting vaccinated now (partly to work out how long you're protected) - does that mean the people in the placebo control group also don't get vaccines? Feels a bit weird ethically so I assume you'd have to vaccinate the placebo group at some point - or no? :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 08, 2021, 04:02:31 PM
I know the people who got the vacines in the trial aren't getting vaccinated now (partly to work out how long you're protected) - does that mean the people in the placebo control group also don't get vaccines? Feels a bit weird ethically so I assume you'd have to vaccinate the placebo group at some point - or no? :hmm:

Once the trial is over they're supposed to notify everyone in the placebo group to give them the real thing.

Scipio

Got it. Moderna. Got a bad man cold on 2d day after 2d shot.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Caliga

Quote from: Scipio on March 08, 2021, 04:15:01 PM
Got it. Moderna. Got a bad man cold on 2d day after 2d shot.
Yeah, I had the Moderna shot too and it was rough going the day after the first shot, so I'm a little concerned about the second one since everyone says the second one is typically worse.

ulmont

Quote from: Barrister on March 08, 2021, 04:12:43 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on March 08, 2021, 04:02:31 PM

Once the trial is over they're supposed to notify everyone in the placebo group to give them the real thing.

This depends on the trial, I believe. J&J has agreed to unblind participants who become vaccine eligible, and (if authorized in their locality) to give placebo recipients the J&J vaccine at this point.

...the trial is 2 years long and you don't want to be without a vaccine that long if you can avoid it.

DGuller

I don't qualify in New Jersey yet, unless I take up smoking.  I wonder whether that would be a net win on the life expectancy.  :hmm: