COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

merithyn

Given that we're an international community, I wondered who has gotten their vaccinations and who is still waiting. I also thought it would be interesting to sort of track when everyone does get theirs, assuming they want one.

I got my first vaccination this afternoon, almost exactly one year after the initial lockdown in the US. I qualified due to being diabetic, which in Illinois was allowed over two months after the 65+ crowd. (The state approved it on February 25th, but my county didn't approve going to that level until last Thursday.)

Anyone else gotten theirs yet?

EDIT: I think enough people have now gotten the shot - or have access to the shot - that the poll is now worthwhile. It's changeable, so feel free to come back and update as fits.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

Not yet.  Iowa DPH site makes it look like I'll qualify around May depending on supply.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Liep

After an initially good start Denmark is back to a slow moving pace along with the rest of EU, but maybe in late April.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Not yet.

My mom (age 70) can set an appointment for her first shot in a week.  Due to vaccine shortages Canada is trying a controversial strategy of giving first shots to everyone, and delaying the second shot by 4 months.  There apparently is real-world evidence that shows just the initial shot does give significant protection, but since these vaccines haven't even been approved for 4 months yet and nobody studied a 4 month delay, this is something of a gamble.

The closest I have to a time-table is "spring or early summer".  The government has also said they hope to have all adults receive their first dose by the end of June.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

It's going to be in late august, early september. So, not yet.

Freaking Americans.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

There have been trials under way in many places in Canada, so I guess they are comparing vaccinated test subjects with those who got a placebo.

I do not know at which point those who got a placebo will be told they need to come back for the real one...

Anyway.  In my area, it's for 75+ right now.
Once it lowers a notch, I'll have my dad's girlfriend register for both of them, and I guess I'll be among the next group, given my health problems.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

Ask me again "in summer." (as per chancellor Kurz)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

My guess it's going to be around (late) May for me.

grumbler

Virginia made teachers  priority, so I got both jabs (second one on Friday).  No side effects.

Part-time teaching FTW!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 08, 2021, 02:45:20 PM

Freaking Americans.

Fuck.  I was really banking on Canada being travelable this summer.  :(

Valmy

Waiting patiently. I have alerted the bureaucracy to my needs and am waiting for them to alert me for my appointment. Any day now surely.

People around me are combing the whole state for vaccines and are willing to drive hundreds of miles to some random Walgreens to get one. I am not there just yet...
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 08, 2021, 03:02:19 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 08, 2021, 02:45:20 PM

Freaking Americans.

Fuck.  I was really banking on Canada being travelable this summer.  :(

It'll probably be travelable.  I think GF's timeline is about right for everyone receiving their second dose (Quebec is also following that strategy).  It'll be hard to justify having the border closed if the US is largely vaccinated and disease-free.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.