News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2021

Started by Maladict, January 10, 2021, 02:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saskganesh

we were drinking on College street with your beautiful friend.
humans were created in their own image

Richard Hakluyt

Malthus

Quote from: saskganesh on April 17, 2021, 02:20:12 PM
we were drinking on College street with your beautiful friend.

She's in Paris now.

When you saw her, she was living in a basement apartment and making ends meet by painting movie props.  She got married to her boyfriend, who is from a wealthy family, the pair now own properties in London and Paris as well as in Ontario - her husband is fully occupied with litigating against the rest of his family over the family fortune (a long, Bleak House-like court saga of shifting alliances, betrayals, etc.) and he's staying in their London place while she stays in their Paris place, alone except for her elderly cat.

We keep in touch.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

saskganesh

I remember she got married to the rich fellow. Thanks for the narrative installment!

saskganesh

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on April 17, 2021, 03:05:52 PM
Keep at it Sask  :cool:
It  has all ramped up. Ran 22k in 1:55. The next day I biked a slow 40k. But today I am just going to have a long walk. Six miles.

I am eating everything and sleeping like a giant

Maladict

36k hike in full gear on Saturday. It was rough towards the end, and I got a bad sunburn (it was supposed to be cool and overcast all day).
Not ready for multi-day hikes yet, which is a bit disappointing. But the nice spring weather is such a relief after being indoors for so long.

crazy canuck

My morning workouts continue - but weight is not coming off - Only about two weeks in so that is probably a factor - but I think I miss the intensity of the work out I got when doing reps with my gym buddies.

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on April 26, 2021, 10:19:22 AM
36k hike in full gear on Saturday. It was rough towards the end, and I got a bad sunburn (it was supposed to be cool and overcast all day).
Not ready for multi-day hikes yet, which is a bit disappointing. But the nice spring weather is such a relief after being indoors for so long.

:cool:

Good going Mal, sounds like you're not far off.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Darth Wagtaros

Down a few pounds.  The older ladies are still deadlifting more than me. :(
PDH!

saskganesh

I ran five miles, saw three wild foxes and was then propositioned by a Persian prostitute. What? I showered, and went to work, but I was late because my putative streetcar was in the middle of a three police car investigation. Same stop where a homeless man had been stabbed two mornings before.

I live in a very white, very bougie, Toronto neighbourhood. :wacko:

Valmy

I am solidarity dieting with my wife this year. I am down about 15 pounds so far, to the point I was judged pre-diabetic in my A1c at my last physical  :showoff:

Maybe if I lose another 15 I will finally be: not diabetic.

Meanwhile my wife has lost about 35 pounds. She is kicking ass.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 26, 2021, 12:24:06 PM
My morning workouts continue - but weight is not coming off - Only about two weeks in so that is probably a factor - but I think I miss the intensity of the work out I got when doing reps with my gym buddies.

I find it very difficult to lose weight through exercise alone. I've never been able to do that.

The only thing that works for me is strict control of what I eat. I've been doing that over the whole covid thing - being forced to cook at home with only occasional take out lets me control what I eat better.

I really had to lose weight - I was at 244 pounds (six feet tall). Now, I'm down to 191 as of today. My goal is 184, so still some way to go.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Malthus on April 17, 2021, 03:52:56 PM
and he's staying in their London place while she stays in their Paris place,

Trouble in paradise?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on April 29, 2021, 10:12:21 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 26, 2021, 12:24:06 PM

I find it very difficult to lose weight through exercise alone. I've never been able to do that.

The only thing that works for me is strict control of what I eat. I've been doing that over the whole covid thing - being forced to cook at home with only occasional take out lets me control what I eat better.

I really had to lose weight - I was at 244 pounds (six feet tall). Now, I'm down to 191 as of today. My goal is 184, so still some way to go.

:cool:

Malthus, that's pretty impressive,  just another 3 pounds to lose and you'll have lost a whole 4 stone*  :bowler:

* or the weight of a 7-8 year old kid?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Maladict

Quote from: saskganesh on April 29, 2021, 05:08:45 PM
I ran five miles, saw three wild foxes and was then propositioned by a Persian prostitute. What? I showered, and went to work, but I was late because my putative streetcar was in the middle of a three police car investigation. Same stop where a homeless man had been stabbed two mornings before.

I live in a very white, very bougie, Toronto neighbourhood. :wacko:

:lol:

Also, good job Valmy and Malthus  :thumbsup: