News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2021

Started by Maladict, January 10, 2021, 02:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

With expectations suitably tempered from 2020, I give you the fitness 2021 thread.

I did absolutely nothing today.

Threviel

I've been out with the chainsaw felling trees. I'm trying to prepare a playground for my backhoe loader so that I can learn it in a safe place.

It is very hard work, but probably the most thankful and time really flies. Some 10 or so days left since a lot of trees are coming down.

I'm also working from home, I plan to go out an hour or so before lunch to get the exercise. Working from home has killed every little natural exercise I had.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

celedhring

With gyms closed again, I'm back to home exercise. My goal for this year is the same as any other year: get under 100 Kg. I'm currently at 104 and change - which is the closest I have been on any January, so there's hope.

Darth Wagtaros

I need to wear a mask during exercise classes. It sucks.
PDH!

mongers

Has been a disastrous Winter for me, during December and January, I've only used my bike on 17 out of the 44 days so far, for a grand total of about 100 miles. :bleeding:

Done about 50 miles of walking in my wellingtons, through the sea of mud here and the rainy weather.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on January 13, 2021, 01:51:10 PM

Done about 50 miles of walking in my wellingtons, through the sea of mud here and the rainy weather.  :bowler:

That equals about 5000 normal miles.  :cool:

saskganesh

I walked 5 miles. Pretty lame.
humans were created in their own image

mongers

Quote from: saskganesh on January 13, 2021, 10:43:38 PM

But you ran a fair few more, no doubt.

mongers

Did 14-15 miles on my bike today, furthest I've been in two months!  :bleeding:

saskganesh

Quote from: mongers on January 13, 2021, 11:44:40 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on January 13, 2021, 10:43:38 PM

But you ran a fair few more, no doubt.

On Sunday, I ran six, then walked three. Ran out of gas. It was nice to be out, but it's been a struggle to maintain consistency.
humans were created in their own image

Valmy

But you are doing it outside in January in Canada...that impresses me at least.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Probably my worst ever Winter for fitness in several decades, all told during the three Winter months I only cycled about 240 miles and walked another 100 miles.  :Embarrass:

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on March 07, 2021, 08:47:13 PM
Probably my worst ever Winter for fitness in several decades, all told during the three Winter months I only cycled about 240 miles and walked another 100 miles.  :Embarrass:

I've been doing strength and interval training every work day in my living room, I don't usually do those kinds of workouts.
I think it helps me on my long walks, I've started experimenting with carrying more backpack weight on my shoulders instead of my hips, that should help me out a bit in hilly terrain.

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on March 08, 2021, 02:54:14 AM

I've been doing strength and interval training every work day in my living room, I don't usually do those kinds of workouts.
I think it helps me on my long walks, I've started experimenting with carrying more backpack weight on my shoulders instead of my hips, that should help me out a bit in hilly terrain.

That's interesting Mal, I was thinking of doing some extended walking when I can get back to using the trains, thinking of doing some day long excursions with maybe an overnight camp, so 'thinking'* about carrying a rucksac.

* purely theoretical at this point in time.