New copyright changes coming with US stimulus bill

Started by Syt, December 22, 2020, 01:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

This is a lousy bill, with so much for pet projects and not just for the USA. Millions for other countries with likely too much going into the pockets of the leaders and their top people. Yes, there will always be pork or special interest spending but as usual, a bill like this goes way too far with domestic or foreign give away stuff. Among many other items, millions for Venezuela?? Some of it can make sense,  but much of it makes little sense. Congress waited way too long to come up with a Covid bill or a budget bill, and now are trying to pack everything into one Ominbus bill at the last moment. A massive, expensive, bloated mess, also most certainly a lobbyist's dream. They've been doing this for  some years now with budget bills. People are waking up to this kind of spending and are rightly quite annoyed with it. And few seem to care that the US is approaching 28-30 trillion in debt!

viper37

Quote from: KRonn on December 27, 2020, 12:23:34 PM
And few seem to care that the US is approaching 28-30 trillion in debt!
Lindsey Graham cares about the debt, now.  It seems appropriate, now that there is a Democrat president... ;)

The debt is the Trump effect, and the Republican controlled Congress, and later only Senate that let him do it. They had all the power to refuse spending and tax cuts for the ultra rich, but they didn't.

If you care truly about the debt, seems you'll have to vote Democrat from now on, at all level of federal governments ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Threviel

To be fair the skyrocketing debt started in '08 under Bush. The Obama presidency doubled the debt and that development continued under Trump and only accelerated with Covid.

I think it's a system failure, not necessarily the failure of the presidents. And that includes Trump.

Valmy

The deficit was dramatically reduced during the course of the Obama presidency. The Republicans blew it up again with their tax bill in 2017, just like they did in 2001. That killed any hope I ever had that we will avoid national bankruptcy, I don't expect to ever see a balanced budget again.

In any case Trump signed the bill without getting anything changed. All he did with his grandstanding was delay relief to the American people by a week. What a worthless piece of shit, he had months to impact this bill.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

KRonn

Yeah, I really worry about the debt. I was worried when Bush brought it to about 9 trillion! That sounds quite petty now, lol.  :)