News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Industries you wouldn't work in

Started by Sheilbh, November 27, 2020, 04:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What industries wouldn't you take a job in? (3 choices)

Arms
Tobacco
Alcohol
Gambling
Fast Food
Fossil Fuels/Minerals
Big Agriculture
Big Tech/Social Media (Facebook/Twitter/Google etc)
Aviation/Automobiles
Other

The Brain

How does the protected status manifest itself?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

Quote from: The Brain on November 28, 2020, 01:04:28 PM
How does the protected status manifest itself?

Over here, at the slightest chance of a car factory moving somewhere else all public authorities bend over backwards to offer tax cuts and privileged fiscal conditions for it to stay in place.

Zanza

Monoriu

Big banks aren't mentioned any more? 

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Admiral Yi

Monoriu

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Monoriu on November 28, 2020, 10:04:08 PM
That should be covered under the illegal part.

What illegal part are you referring to?

DontSayBanana

Seeing as how I've already skirted working with the arms industry (close enough to be under ITAR scrutiny, anyway) and fossil fuels... actually, there's only one company that's absolutely in my No-Fly Zone, and that's Comcast. They're right up there with Monsanto and ADM for being openly monolistic and just not caring about how they look.
Experience bij!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: DontSayBanana on November 28, 2020, 10:27:30 PM
Seeing as how I've already skirted working with the arms industry (close enough to be under ITAR scrutiny, anyway) and fossil fuels... actually, there's only one company that's absolutely in my No-Fly Zone, and that's Comcast. They're right up there with Monsanto and ADM for being openly monolistic and just not caring about how they look.
I loath them.  Fuck Comcast. Never work for them unless I'm absolutely desperate.
PDH!

celedhring

Duque de Bragança

Gambling is a bit broader than one may think with the loot box issue in video games because there is an amount of gambling with the very concept.
Lately, EA with the Ultimate Team for the FIFA games has been heavily criticized.

I already worked in the video game industry but the loot box was not present back then.

Razgovory

One of the many perks of being unemployable is that I never have this sort of problem #sanepeopleproblems
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Razgovory on November 29, 2020, 12:30:10 PM
One of the many perks of being unemployable is that I never have this sort of problem #sanepeopleproblems
But you'd miss out on so much. 
PDH!

Razgovory

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on November 29, 2020, 07:43:41 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 29, 2020, 12:30:10 PM
But you'd miss out on so much.

That is the downside of being a recluse.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017