Started by The Larch, November 19, 2020, 06:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on November 21, 2020, 05:33:21 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 21, 2020, 04:18:35 PM
Quote from: DGuller on November 21, 2020, 03:53:59 PM
I'm neither playing dumb nor asserting anything.  I'm trying to figure out what the legal situation is, because given what was said earlier in the thread, it sounded to me like that it was Wild West capitalism.  That's why I was trying to clarify in many different ways what the situation really was.  This wasn't a legal debate, this was me trying to understand something.

It has been explained to you by at least three different people.  If you are not playing dumb you are tragically slow on the uptake.
I guess I am tragically slow on the uptake then, but you know, you could be nicer in pointing that out.  People tragically slow on the uptake are also sometimes curious about how legal issues work.

Seems he forgot he had several years of training.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

I'm neither playing dumb nor asserting anything.  I'm trying to figure out what the legal situation is, because given what was said earlier in the thread, it sounded to me like that it was Wild West capitalism.  That's why I was trying to clarify in many different ways what the situation really was.  This wasn't a legal debate, this was me trying to understand something.

It has been explained to you by at least three different people.  If you are not playing dumb you are tragically slow on the uptake.
I guess I am tragically slow on the uptake then, but you know, you could be nicer in pointing that out.  People tragically slow on the uptake are also sometimes curious about how legal issues work.

Bullshit.  You were trying to establish your point that Western commercial law was like 1990s Russia.  Evan after several people pointed out that the premise of your observation was flawed.

If you want to be treated nicely, then back down after saying stupid things.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 23, 2020, 10:55:35 AM

Bullshit.  You were trying to establish your point that Western commercial law was like 1990s Russia.  Evan after several people pointed out that the premise of your observation was flawed.

If you want to be treated nicely, then back down after saying stupid things.
I was trying to establish what the Western commercial law really was like, because the explanations given made it sound to me like it was 1990s Russia (which I was sure was not the case, hence attempt to clarify).  The point of my questions was either to clarify the explanation or my understanding of them, not to make any claims.