News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a BIDEN Presidency look like?

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

We been through this before. You can do all sorts of stuff if you have the votes.  And with 50.1 votes the Senate Democrats need complete unity and discipline to have the votes in the face of determined GOP opposition.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

viper37

so... the debt ceiling showdown. will it hurt the Dems more or will it backfire on the GOP?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Maximus

Everyone will look bad and no one will face consequences.

Admiral Yi

General rule is party causing the shutdown ends up looking bad.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Wait what happened in California?
On what bqwow are try trying a recall?
██████
██████
██████

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Tyr on October 03, 2021, 01:06:57 AM

California is a wild place, they are always doing the double try on their bqwow.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Jacob

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

I think Tyr only got out the first sentence of that post before the hash brownies took effect.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PDH

I'm in California, let me answer.

Wack-doodle bbq neologism cromulent.  Fertig try trying leftover boom chucka boom.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

On the bqwow of poor handling of covid.