And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a BIDEN Presidency look like?

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Complete obstruction by Republicans which will be blamed on the Democrats who lose house majority in 2022. (probably not the latter, but surely the former)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Crazy_Ivan80

everything gets blocked, nothing changes. President is literate.
so some improvement overall

Caliga

Caliga

Will Biden serve only one term and retire?

Zanza

I think Biden will carry on with a tough stance on China and Russia in general and tough on trade and defense expectations with Europe. However, he will strengthen multilateralism and the rules based international order. Definitely better for international relations than the swooning dictator fanboy before him.

Tamas

Quote from: Caliga on November 07, 2020, 12:21:13 PM

Yes, Harris will run in 2024, and the thought of a black lady being Prez will drive people to elect whichever Trump will run against her.

grumbler

I think Biden will successfully push for the infrastructure bill that Trump forgot about.  US national infrastructure is in terrible shape and it's hurting competitiveness.  That's an investment both parties say they want.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Tamas on November 07, 2020, 12:31:53 PM
Quote from: Caliga on November 07, 2020, 12:21:13 PM

Yes, Harris will run in 2024, and the thought of a black lady being Prez will drive people to elect whichever Trump will run against her.

I'm not sure Harris will get the nod in 2024.  If I had to bet Harris against the field right now, I'd bet the field.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Richard Hakluyt

Biden is pretty ancient so I'm wondering if Harris will be busier and have a higher profile than the average VP? If she does then she will also have the chance to make herself look like presidential material or the opposite.

PJL

Let's hope it won't be a shitshow like the last time a Democrat president resigned before the term of office was up, in 1968.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on November 07, 2020, 12:38:09 PM
Biden is pretty ancient so I'm wondering if Harris will be busier and have a higher profile than the average VP? If she does then she will also have the chance to make herself look like presidential material or the opposite.
It's crazy - just think that Biden's first campaign was de-railed beceause he plagiarised his British contemporary Neil Kinnock :blink:

I was looking at this recently and it's amazing how many of the leaders in the US are older than the Father of the House (Sir Peter Bottomley) - I think McConnell, Trump and Biden are, Pelosi is 5 years younger.

I wouldn't be surprised if Harris has a more fulsome role, as Biden did, and I suspect she'll impress. Could be wrong.
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

I'm wondering if the assumption that Biden won't run for a second term actually increases his chances of getting legislation through the Senate.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Richard Hakluyt

Pelosi is 80 btw.

I'm hoping that Harris will be great, but always try and purge such wishful thoughts, too many disappointments over the years.