News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

US Election Week 2020

Started by Barrister, November 03, 2020, 01:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on November 03, 2020, 05:41:07 PM
I voted for a Democrat for Coroner.  She was running unopposed.

Did you vote for any other Democrats....?  :ph34r:

Josquius

Exit polls seem to be pointing trumps way :bleeding:
██████
██████
██████

DGuller

Quote from: Tyr on November 03, 2020, 06:20:07 PM
How do you do exit polls? Wouldn't the people voting today be skewing Trump?

Josquius

Quote from: DGuller on November 03, 2020, 06:27:41 PM
Quote from: Tyr on November 03, 2020, 06:20:07 PM
How do you do exit polls? Wouldn't the people voting today be skewing Trump?

That's my hope yeah. They're just speaking to those voting in person and even there trump doesn't seem to overwhelmingly have it..
Trying not to read too much into it but nights are anxious times even normally.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Biden up 88k to 60k over Trump in Kentucky

6% of the vote
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 03, 2020, 06:30:41 PM
Biden up 88k to 60k over Trump in Kentucky

6% of the vote
Postal or in person or..?
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Votes Tyr. They all count the same.

Biden is not winning Kentucky though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

With such a huge number of mail-in or early voters, and the in-person voting skewing Republican, I wished they'd foregone the exit polling.  It's only going to feed the "they stole the election" narrative.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on November 03, 2020, 06:41:11 PM
With such a huge number of mail-in or early voters, and the in-person voting skewing Republican, I wished they'd foregone the exit polling.  It's only going to feed the "they stole the election" narrative.

Exit polling isn't meant to be predictive anyway. It is for post election analysis.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on November 03, 2020, 06:43:27 PM
Quote from: grumbler on November 03, 2020, 06:41:11 PM

Exit polling isn't meant to be predictive anyway. It is for post election analysis.

Good point, though somewhat ruined by the fact that they report the exit poll results while the election is going on.  So I'll modify my statement and say that "I wished they'd foregone reporting the exit polling results while the election is being held."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Surely Lexington is more libural than Louisville?

Maladict

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point