News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

US Election Week 2020

Started by Barrister, November 03, 2020, 01:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 03, 2020, 03:50:03 PM
Think of the biggest rivalry in soccer and multiply by infiniti. 

Ummm, there's some pretty damn heated rivalries in soccer.  Just off the top of my head Rangers vs Celtic in Scotland, which incorporates all kinds of sectarian divisions (Celtic is Catholic, Rangers is Protestant) such that it has often resulting in the two fanbaes having brawls in the stands.  I'm sure a real soccer-head could elaborate.

But yes - Cowboys - Iggles is a notable rivalry.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

The team hasn't existed in 26 years but the Nordiques vs Habs rivalry is still going strong.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Barrister on November 03, 2020, 03:43:46 PM

Someone is flying this banner around Philadelphia today...

https://twitter.com/_travishughes/status/1323672054621753345

America can suck sometimes but it truly is great  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Razgovory

If I try to stay up watching this I will give myself an ulcer.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I voted for a Republican for Gov and L Gov.  They removed Greitens and I think that sort of behavior should be rewarded.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on November 03, 2020, 03:58:00 PM

Ummm, there's some pretty damn heated rivalries in soccer.  Just off the top of my head Rangers vs Celtic in Scotland, which incorporates all kinds of sectarian divisions (Celtic is Catholic, Rangers is Protestant) such that it has often resulting in the two fanbaes having brawls in the stands.  I'm sure a real soccer-head could elaborate.

Literal interpretation may not always be the correct way to understand a particular text.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 03, 2020, 04:39:57 PM

Literal interpretation may not always be the correct way to understand a particular text.

If I took his post literally I would have asked how you multiply a sports rivalry by a car brand.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on November 03, 2020, 04:41:12 PM

If I took his post literally I would have asked how you multiply a sports rivalry by a car brand.

his?

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 03, 2020, 04:41:53 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 03, 2020, 04:41:12 PM

his?

You

Eddie Teach

Unless she's decided to transition?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Maladict on November 03, 2020, 03:14:40 PM
Quote from: The Brain on November 03, 2020, 01:20:14 PM
I'm not watching. I'm sure I'll hear the result when it's done.
Quote from: Tamas on November 03, 2020, 01:29:35 PM
Can't afford to stay up really, too much work tomorrow.
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 03, 2020, 01:40:41 PM
Yes. I can't stay up all night.
Quote from: derspiess on November 03, 2020, 02:04:41 PM
I don't plan on staying up late.  But I don't expect it to be close.

Bunch of olds  :P

I can't stay up all night, unless it's for a good reason.  :P

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Everything quiet as can be down at the Johnson County Building.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on November 03, 2020, 04:33:14 PM
I voted for a Republican for Gov and L Gov.  They removed Greitens and I think that sort of behavior should be rewarded.

I voted for a Democrat for Coroner.  She was running unopposed.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall