News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

US Election Week 2020

Started by Barrister, November 03, 2020, 01:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Thought we could use a new thread for the day of itself - makes it easier if we ever want to go back and re-live the experience.

Is there anyone NOT watching tonight?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Minsky Moment

Trump maybe?  I think he is tied up watching the Governor of Pennsylvania.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

mongers

Oh and we could have another new thread tomorrow for the post-election societal meltdown / snooze-fest.

:)

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

I'm not watching. I'm sure I'll hear the result when it's done.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Can't afford to stay up really, too much work tomorrow.

FunkMonk

Donald just spoke at his campaign headquarters in Virginia. Dude looks down and sounded tired. Real low energy vibes.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tamas

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 03, 2020, 01:31:02 PM
Donald just spoke at his campaign headquarters in Virginia. Dude looks down and sounded tired. Real low energy vibes.

TBF he is an old guy who just recovered from covid and as I understand had a busy calendar the last few days.

HisMajestyBOB

Now we have 4 election day threads :P
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

The Minsky Moment

Withdrawal symptoms from whatever concoctions being used to prop him up and his scarred lungs.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Barrister on November 03, 2020, 01:17:04 PM
Thought we could use a new thread for the day of itself - makes it easier if we ever want to go back and re-live the experience.

Is there anyone NOT watching tonight?

Yes. I can't stay up all night.
I'll get the results tomorrow morning. Well, at least a strong indication.  :P

Barrister

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on November 03, 2020, 01:38:25 PM
Now we have 4 election day threads :P

This is the election day thread.

We also have a:
-Prediction thread
-general 2020 election thread (which was started January 2019)
-a Trump presidency thread
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sheilbh

He does - also with the Fox and Friends appearance. It could be totally wrong but it feels a little like he's looking at bad internals.
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Well so long as you are in here voting you might as well...
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 03, 2020, 01:40:25 PM

Withdrawal symptoms from whatever concoctions being used to prop him up and his scarred lungs.
Sleepy Donald!  Sad!
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

I'm tempted to stay up to see the early states at least. But work tomorrow et al. But will I be able to sleep?
██████
██████
██████