And we're back!

Main Menu

Sean Connery has passed away.

Started by The Larch, October 31, 2020, 07:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

:(

QuoteSean Connery: James Bond actor dies aged 90

Sir Sean Connery has died at the age of 90, his family has said.

The Scottish actor was best known for his portrayal of James Bond, being the first to bring the role to the big screen and appearing in seven of the spy thrillers.

His acting career spanned decades and his many awards included an Oscar, two Bafta awards and three Golden Globes.

Sir Sean's other films included The Hunt for Red October, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and The Rock.

He was largely regarded as being the best actor to have played 007 in the long-running franchise, often being named as such in polls.

His Oscar came in 1988, when he was named best supporting actor for his role as an Irish cop in The Untouchables.

He was knighted by the Queen at Holyrood Palace in 2000.

In August, he celebrated his 90th birthday.

Maladict

grumbler

That was a man who had a great life.  RIP.  :(
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Duque de Bragança

A legendary long run but still sad. :(

RIP

PS: all hail Zardoz!

FunkMonk

Damnit.

Red October and Indiana Jones this weekend then.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

fromtia

Great actor, can't think of a bad perform in any movie.  :cry:
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

grumbler

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 31, 2020, 10:03:18 AM
Damnit.

Red October and Indiana Jones this weekend then.

Do yourself a favor and watch Robin and Marian as well (or instead of).  It's a nice little romance/adventure piece where an old Robin Hood returns to England to find that he has been, in his long absence and rumored death, been turned by Maid Marian (now an abbess) from a bandit into a hero.  Does he even want to live up to his old (new to him) image?  Robert Shaw as the Sheriff of Nottingham is a gem.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son