I guess I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue

Started by PDH, November 04, 2020, 11:59:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

One thing I learned is that I definitely need better stress coping strategies.  I don't recall the last time I was this physically sick from stress.

Caliga

Quote from: DGuller on November 04, 2020, 12:59:11 PM
One thing I learned is that I definitely need better stress coping strategies. 
Try glue?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tonitrus

fromtia

One thing I learned is that I definitely need better stress coping strategies.  I don't recall the last time I was this physically sick from stress.

I was up all night for 2016, couldn't believe it. I approached this one with a real sense of dread and when FL didn't go Biden I felt certain that this was going to be a nightmare so I turned off and went to bed. A good move. My biggest take away is this is a big failure of punditry and polling. I need to be consuming better quality centrist or liberal media than I am or add more insightful conservative media. Some of the stuff I have been following (I have loved the Bulwark, but clearly they are wrong) has given me a faulty set of assumptions about what's happening and what it means. The left wing stuff I read has been better, but I take it often with a pinch of salt. Rising has probably been my most accurate commentary, and I listened less as the election approached because they were being so circumspect about the outcome and warning of high Republican voter turn out and falling Democrat Latino vote. 
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

The Larch

Maladict

Barrister

Quote from: fromtia on November 04, 2020, 01:32:58 PM
(I have loved the Bulwark, but clearly they are wrong)

I love the Bulwark, and still do.  But it doesn't run ads, and after being open for almost 2 years it only just started a subscription program (and even still most of their material is free).

Someone is bankrolling them and has an agenda.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

11B4V

Drink
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: fromtia on November 04, 2020, 01:32:58 PM

I was up all night for 2016, couldn't believe it. I approached this one with a real sense of dread and when FL didn't go Biden I felt certain that this was going to be a nightmare so I turned off and went to bed. A good move. My biggest take away is this is a big failure of punditry and polling. I need to be consuming better quality centrist or liberal media than I am or add more insightful conservative media. Some of the stuff I have been following (I have loved the Bulwark, but clearly they are wrong) has given me a faulty set of assumptions about what's happening and what it means. The left wing stuff I read has been better, but I take it often with a pinch of salt. Rising has probably been my most accurate commentary, and I listened less as the election approached because they were being so circumspect about the outcome and warning of high Republican voter turn out and falling Democrat Latino vote.

:lol: I was up in the mountain drunk. Laughing my ass off. Shocked, but laughing my ass off.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?