Started by Oexmelin, September 18, 2020, 06:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on September 21, 2020, 05:41:11 PM
Quote from: merithyn on September 21, 2020, 05:39:12 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on September 21, 2020, 03:03:29 PM
I think he's a Trumpist now.

He's not. He's a big Bernie Bro.

Yeah I thought he and Ank were the co-presidents of the Languish Bernie appreciation society.

Shouldn't the president/s actually post here?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

merithyn

Yeah I thought he and Ank were the co-presidents of the Languish Bernie appreciation society.

According to him, I'm the biggest insult to womanhood because I am voting for Biden. Anyone with any integrity whatsoever would vote third party (probably Libertarian, because you know, they're so great for women, too  :rolleyes: ) and show those useless Democrats who are clearly out of step with the mass majority of liberals in this country who really runs this country: THE PEOPLE!!

I stopped speaking to him after that diatribe.  :rolleyes:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

katmai

Quote from: The Brain on September 21, 2020, 02:48:49 PM

Facts can't be insulting? Have you seen katmai's weight?
how did I get dragged into this
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

FunkMonk

Just realized with a 6-3 court that we'll likely see the ACA ruled unconstitutional in the middle of a global pandemic and millions of Americans still out of work.

What a time to be alive.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

DGuller

Quote from: merithyn on September 21, 2020, 05:48:44 PM

According to him, I'm the biggest insult to womanhood because I am voting for Biden. Anyone with any integrity whatsoever would vote third party (probably Libertarian, because you know, they're so great for women, too  :rolleyes: ) and show those useless Democrats who are clearly out of step with the mass majority of liberals in this country who really runs this country: THE PEOPLE!!

:hmm: I guess he's just approaching Trumpism going the long way round the circle.

grumbler

Quote from: katmai on September 21, 2020, 05:57:54 PM

[Brain]Dragged?  Is anything actually capable of dragging you since all the dinosaurs died out? [/Brain]
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

I'm fairly certain we have machines stronger than dinosaurs.  :hmm:

DGuller

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 21, 2020, 06:47:23 PM
I would think that grumbler would know better than anyone how the dinosaurs stack up against machines.

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 21, 2020, 06:47:23 PM

Messerschmitt
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

viper37

Quote from: merithyn on September 21, 2020, 05:45:48 PM
Quote from: grumbler on September 21, 2020, 04:35:24 PM
Quote from: Malthus on September 21, 2020, 02:26:16 PM

Her group literally has "handmaids"? Sounds like a step towards my aunt's book. 😄

Her group inspired your aunt's novel.  No shit.

QuoteMembers of People of Praise are assigned to personal advisers of the same sex—called a "head" for men and "handmaid" for women, until the rise in popularity of Atwood's novel and the television series based on it forced a change in the latter.

Atwood herself has indicated that the group's existence motivated her to write The Handmaid's Tale, set in the fictional Gilead, where women's bodies are governed and treated as the property of the state under a theocratic regime.

"I delayed writing it for about three years after I got the idea because I felt it was too crazy," Atwood told The New York Times Book Review in 1986.

'Then two things happened. I started noticing that a lot of the things I thought I was more or less making up were now happening, and indeed more of them have happened since the publication of the book."

She added: "There is a sect now, a Catholic charismatic spinoff sect, which calls the women handmaids. They don't go in for polygamy of this kind but they do threaten the handmaids according to the biblical verse I use in the book—sit down and shut up."

https://www.newsweek.com/amy-coney-barrett-people-praise-group-inspired-handmaids-tale-1533293

Yeah, that's the kind of crazy we need on the USSC. :glare:

Hod, I despise McConnell.

Now you see how wrong you were to despair just last week?No matter how bad things may appear right now, they will always get worst until January 21st 2021.  No need to despair right now, there'll be plenty of time left to despair even more ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Habbaku

Quote from: merithyn on September 21, 2020, 05:48:44 PM

Ah, yes, that sort of Trumpism. I was a bit off.  :(
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

Signs point to this being in the Dems electoral favor, but it's early

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1308138172791107584
Quote from: Nate SilverIf voters prefer waiting until after the election by a 13-point margin *and* D's are more fired up about the Supreme Court, this starts to look like a challenging issue for Republicans. Which is not to say they won't confirm someone, just that it could come at an electoral price.

Quote from: Morning Consult

According to our new poll with Politico, 37% of voters said President Trump should pick Justice Ginsburg's replacement regardless of who wins on Nov. 3, while 50% said the winner of the November election should make the pick.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

Quote from: grumbler on September 21, 2020, 06:45:23 PM
Quote from: katmai on September 21, 2020, 05:57:54 PM

[Brain]Dragged?  Is anything actually capable of dragging you since all the dinosaurs died out? [/Brain]
:mad:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son