Nearly two-thirds of Gen Y/Z unaware 6m Jews killed in the Holocaust – study

Started by Syt, September 16, 2020, 02:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 16, 2020, 04:15:39 AM
Quote from: chipwich on September 16, 2020, 04:01:39 AM
I don't see the connection to Messerschmidt

It's maybe the oldest in-joke on Languish.

Germans call a know-it-all a besserweiser.  A "better-knower" IIRC.  Some people took to calling besserweisers Messerschmidts so the besserweiser would correct them and demonstrate they are, in fact, a besserweiser.

I've been here since basically the very beginning and this is the first time I've seen this even mentioned.

Syt

Quote from: The Larch on September 17, 2020, 04:33:28 AM

Germans call a know-it-all a besserweiser.  A "better-knower" IIRC.  Some people took to calling besserweisers Messerschmidts so the besserweiser would correct them and demonstrate they are, in fact, a besserweiser.

I've been here since basically the very beginning and this is the first time I've seen this even mentioned.

Yeah, never seen it before.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Monoriu

Maladict

The Larch

Maladict

Quote from: The Larch on September 17, 2020, 06:14:42 AM
Quote from: Maladict on September 17, 2020, 05:57:24 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on September 17, 2020, 05:25:11 AM
I remember the Octagon, but not that one.

That was on pdox, wasn't it?

Yup, Top Cat's greatest legacy joke.  :lol:

Yeah that's the chap. Couldn't remember the name, which put me at a disadvantage.

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

mongers

Quote from: Syt on September 17, 2020, 04:34:32 AM

Same here.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

Quote from: mongers on September 17, 2020, 09:34:59 AM
Quote from: Syt on September 17, 2020, 04:34:32 AM

Same here.

Yi has a lot of phrases that one needs a code book to crack. This was definitely one of them.