US 2020 Presidential Election prediction thread

Started by Zoupa, July 12, 2020, 10:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 13, 2020, 08:14:44 AM
Why does Nebraska split their vote 4+1 ?

Not just Nebraska, Maine also splits their vote. They give 1 vote to the party that wins the state overall and then 1 vote for the party that wins in each congressional district.

grumbler

Quote from: The Larch on July 13, 2020, 09:09:56 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 13, 2020, 08:14:44 AM
Why does Nebraska split their vote 4+1 ?

Not just Nebraska, Maine also splits their vote. They give 1 vote to the party that wins the state overall and then 1 vote for the party that wins in each congressional district.

Actually, 2 to the statewide winner and one to the winner of each congressional district.  Each state has two senators.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tonitrus

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Eddie Teach

I think Wisconsin goes Biden before Georgia does.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 29, 2020, 04:13:16 PM

Yeah Georgia is the only state I think is wishful thinking on FM's map there. Everything else could happen. We should be so lucky.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

What about Arizona? I had the impression it's a bit of a Republican stronghold.

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on August 29, 2020, 04:20:44 PM
What about Arizona? I had the impression it's a bit of a Republican stronghold.

Not anymore.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

North Carolina turning blue shows how far the DC suburbs have reached. :P

FunkMonk

Quote from: Valmy on August 29, 2020, 04:15:14 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 29, 2020, 04:13:16 PM

Yeah Georgia is the only state I think is wishful thinking on FM's map there. Everything else could happen. We should be so lucky.

Yeah, I was on the fence about Georgia going blue but I decided to stick my head out for it. If it does then I look like the genius I am. If not, I look like the idiot I am.

GO BIG OR GO HOME AMIRITE??

Eddie Teach

Except Wisconsin also going blue makes your genius less obvious.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

FunkMonk

Anyway, my map is predicated on Joe doing very well in states with lots of suburban, college-educated voters, and less well in states with lots more white with no college education voters. I split the Midwest battlegrounds by giving Joe PA, MI, and MN, and gave Donny WI, OH, and IA.

At the same time, NC and GA go bright blue in the Atlanta suburbs and the Research Triangle.

Grinning_Colossus

Tie. Recount-related issues in North Carolina, Ohio, and Wisconsin are decided in Trump's favor in a series of 5-4 Supreme Court rulings in December. The election goes to the House, where it's decided by en bloc voting by state delegations, yielding a Republican majority. Trump is re-elected. Biden wins the popular vote by 5%.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?