US 2020 Presidential Election prediction thread

Started by Zoupa, July 12, 2020, 10:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

How 'bout we get started on the predictions? We need fodder to mock and taunt each other's wildly inaccurate posting for the next 4 years.

Rules of the game, which are non-binding but whateva: Today is july 12th. You're allowed to modify your map no more that once a month.

Suggestion: go to this link to RCP's map, then print screen and upload to imgur or any other img hosting site, and share.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Monoriu

I don't know enough of US internal politics to play with that map.  I'll just say I predict and hope that Biden wins. 

mongers

Quote from: Monoriu on July 12, 2020, 10:33:16 PM
I don't know enough of US internal politics to play with that map.  I'll just say I predict and hope that Biden wins.

You think Biden will be more of an authoritarian than Trump has (attempted to) ?  :hmm:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Monoriu

Quote from: mongers on July 12, 2020, 10:49:11 PM

You think Biden will be more of an authoritarian than Trump has (attempted to) ?  :hmm:

Politicians are supposed to be smart, selfless, hardworking, patriotic, virtuous, and hold themselves to the highest possible standards.  Trump falls short and gives politicians a bad name. 

Zoupa

Quote from: Habbaku on July 12, 2020, 10:32:07 PM

Ohio to Biden... Ambitious.

Btw how do you make sure your img is not huge? You shrink it before uploading?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

PDH

I predict Wyoming will remain solidly behind Trump.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Maladict

What about the status quo? :cry:

Maladict

I basically got Zoupa's map, hoping it's a worst case scenario.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Nah. Remember 2004, when we weren't sure who won til the next morning because Ohio was too close.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

merithyn

I'm clearly an idiot as I can't get the pic to show, but my predictions are here: https://flic.kr/p/2jkU7YR

Figured it out! :D

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...