News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Do you wear a mask in public?

Started by merithyn, July 08, 2020, 08:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you wear a mask when you leave your house?

US - No, what's the point?
US - Yes, but only inside places or when there are crowds
US - Yes, always
ROTW - No, what's the point?
ROTW - Yes, but only inside places or when there are crowds
ROTW - Yes, always
Jaron don't need no mask

Maladict

It's mandatory on public transport but otherwise nobody wears a mask anywhere.

fromtia

Yes. I am mandated to wear one at all times at work, I wear one for trips to the store. I don't do anything social, I don't wear one for solo activities like running in the park or bike rides.
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

DGuller

Yes, always, unless I'm in a car.  Simpler to just always have it on than to fiddle with it constantly.

Habbaku

Quote from: Caliga on July 08, 2020, 09:57:54 AM
Yes, always.

P.S. I am US American

Even at home? In the car by yourself?

I think the "Yes, always" answer is too broad here.

US American and answered the 2nd option. Basically, when I'm in public.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Caliga

Quote from: Habbaku on July 08, 2020, 11:41:28 AM

Yeah, I agree.

I don't wear one at home.  :P

If I'm going someplace, I put the mask on before I get out of the car and then I don't take it off till I get home and have washed my hands.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

The question does specify about when you leave your house.

PDH

I wear a mask outside, at work, and with other people because I am not a whiny bitch.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

merithyn

Yes, always.

P.S. I am US American

The question is "Do you wear a mask in public?" :mellow:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Zanza

Inside I wear a mask when I cannot socially distance, i.e. walking around in shops, the office, in restaurants, in public transport etc. I don't wear a mask when I sit at a table with appropriate distance to the next table, neither in the office nor in restaurants - even when the waiter is just serving, which I guess makes little sense.

I rarely wear a mask outside, mainly when I directly talk to others. I try to avoid crowds, which works most of the time. I wear a mask queuing sometimes - I guess I should be more disciplined there.

Zanza

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 08, 2020, 09:41:10 AM
Do shops and such where you live refuse service to unmasked people?  I have yet to see an unmasked person turned away from a place that has a sign requiring masking.
Yes, I have seen that in supermarkets hotels, shops etc.

Habbaku

Quote from: merithyn on July 08, 2020, 11:57:41 AM
Yes, always.

P.S. I am US American

The question is "Do you wear a mask in public?" :mellow:

It only says that if I read it. :mellow:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Threviel

I saw someone in the super market with a mask once. My wife, who works in a store, says that some customers use masks. It is not mandatory here.

DGuller

Quote from: Threviel on July 08, 2020, 12:44:05 PM
I saw someone in the super market with a mask once. My wife, who works in a store, says that some customers use masks. It is not mandatory here.
Sad to see what the nation that gave us The Brain has become.  :(

Liep

No, it's not required anywhere and the government has said it's not needed and that it probably won't help.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Brain's mask covers the wrong parts.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?