News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Do you wear a mask in public?

Started by merithyn, July 08, 2020, 08:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you wear a mask when you leave your house?

US - No, what's the point?
US - Yes, but only inside places or when there are crowds
US - Yes, always
ROTW - No, what's the point?
ROTW - Yes, but only inside places or when there are crowds
ROTW - Yes, always
Jaron don't need no mask

merithyn

Given the constant discussion of how important it is to wear a mask - and the regular discourse on social media arguing its efficacy - I wondered where you all stand on this.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Monoriu

Everybody wears a mask in public.  Anybody who doesn't stands out. 

Duque de Bragança

In public transportation for instance, yes. It's mandatory.

Grey Fox

Yes, in stores & I would in a outside public crowded area. That hasn't come up yet.

I don't wear one walking or cycling in my neighborhood or when visiting close family.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

Haven't been in a non-outside situation yet which would have warranted it. Tomorrow I am going to the post office so I feel like I should wear one even if not mandatory. But I am quite certain I'll be the only one there doing so.

Josquius

I've yet to do it.
But then I very rarely go out in public, only very occasionally to shops nearby. I haven't stepped foot in the city centre since before this whole business. I plan to go there on Friday though and have recently received a mask so I really should, even if nobody else is.
I think for me its more of a sub conscious not wanting to look an idiot thing, even though I know logically it actually means the opposite.
██████
██████
██████

HisMajestyBOB

I wear a mask when going out to stores, even if I'm just going through the drive through, and I'll wear a mask when interacting with delivery people and workers at my home (e.g., the plumber). I don't wear one when running or when taking a walk around the neighborhood, but I do go out of my way to socially distance.

My son (2 years old) has played with a few kids he's met when we've gone for walks, without masks. It violates social distancing, but kids seem less prone to catching and spreading the disease. And I can tell that he's really starved for social interaction with other kids.  :(
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Do shops and such where you live refuse service to unmasked people?  I have yet to see an unmasked person turned away from a place that has a sign requiring masking.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 08, 2020, 09:41:10 AM
Do shops and such where you live refuse service to unmasked people?  I have yet to see an unmasked person turned away from a place that has a sign requiring masking.

It's starting to heat up. There is a no mask, no service in place. I would say 90% comply, even when the business gives them a mask to wear.

What we need is the Karen army to mobilize and start reporting the non-complying businesses to the state.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Iormlund

Yes.

I take it out at the break room (seating spaces are restricted to keep the distance). Also I wont put it on if I don't expect anyone near (say when I go get the car at 5:45 AM).

Otherwise always masked and additionally at the shop floor I wear a shield as well.

Malthus

Yes, inside places or when people are around. Not when walking around outdoors by myself in less populated spaces - then I just keep away from people.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Larch

Nowadays I wear a mask almost every time I leave the house, with barely any exception. In some situations I'm the weird one out who is wearing it alone in my group of friends, like for instance I put it back on when I'm finished drinking in a bar, or when playing boardgames. I also have one in my car for when I'm driving with somebody else.

Caliga

Yes, always.

P.S. I am US American
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Quote from: 11B4V on July 08, 2020, 09:45:11 AM
It's starting to heat up. There is a no mask, no service in place. I would say 90% comply, even when the business gives them a mask to wear.

What we need is the Karen army to mobilize and start reporting the non-complying businesses to the state.

My preference would be for the Shan Liberation Front to ding the customer instead of the business.