What should President Biden do about Trump and his alleged crimes?

Started by Barrister, June 29, 2020, 01:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should President Biden do about Trump and his alleged crimes?

Nothing.  The US doesn't prosecute it's former Presidents
7 (19.4%)
Truth and reconciliation hearings, no prosecutions
2 (5.6%)
Independent special counsel investigation
15 (41.7%)
DOJ-led investigation and prosecution
9 (25%)
Sic Jaron on Trump (aka something else)
3 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 36

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

FunkMonk

There won't be a President Biden. Donald Trump will announce that a vaccine has been miraculously discovered one week before the election and ride that wave to victory in November.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josephus

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 30, 2020, 03:56:32 PM
There won't be a President Biden. Donald Trump will announce that a vaccine has been miraculously discovered one week before the election and ride that wave to victory in November.

Don't give him any fucking ideas.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

After 5 years of his schtick, who on earth would believe him if he said they'd discovered a vaccine?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on June 30, 2020, 04:43:00 PM
After 5 years of his schtick, who on earth would believe him if he said they'd discovered a vaccine?

Nobody who wasn't already voting for him.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 29, 2020, 01:18:02 PM
We don't need no stinkin' Truth and Reconciliation.  We have historians and journalists who do that.

Terrible precedent to pursue criminal charges after he's out of office.  We would have never ending tit for tat.
Korea has prosecuted like half of their presidents, and they were mostly deserved from what IIRC. Prosecuting the powerful for their crimes is good for democracy.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Solmyr

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 30, 2020, 01:53:45 PM
Quote from: The Brain on June 30, 2020, 11:34:37 AM
Quote from: PDH on June 29, 2020, 01:45:33 PM
Biden should seal himself inside a Space Marine Dreadnought and wreak a terrible vengeance upon Trump and the Trump towers til they are destroyed and their monuments are nothing but ashes.

Yes.

You shouldn't be so quick to agree.  An option involving nuclear power or lesbian sex hasn't been presented yet.

I don't think Biden and Trump should have lesbian sex.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 01, 2020, 03:09:38 AM
Korea has prosecuted like half of their presidents, and they were mostly deserved from what IIRC. Prosecuting the powerful for their crimes is good for democracy.

I think it's more like 3, and one of those wasn't elected.

Admiral Yi

And IIRC Park Gyeun Hi was charged after she had been impeached while in office.

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 01, 2020, 03:09:38 AM
Prosecuting the powerful for their crimes is good for democracy.
I agree.  I think it would make a powerful statement if we send Trump to prison (provided he is convicted of a crime, of course).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: PDH on June 30, 2020, 02:46:33 PM
How many must be sacrificed today to sustain him?

Two deep state staffers and an intern who brought cold KFC
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

viper37

Quote from: PDH on June 29, 2020, 01:45:33 PM
Biden should seal himself inside a Space Marine Dreadnought and wreak a terrible vengeance upon Trump and the Trump towers til they are destroyed and their monuments are nothing but ashes.
You are indeed a good man PDH!
:hug:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.