News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars: Squadrons

Started by Syt, June 12, 2020, 02:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

The imperial equivalent would appear to be a TIE Reaper, also something of a troop transport.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

The U-Wing gave me Vietnam Huey vibes, probably intended, seeing how the movie aims hard for the 70s Star Wars look and feel.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

celedhring

I hate that videogame cutscenes are more interesting than the current Star Wars films.  :(

FunkMonk

That trailer reminds me of the Clone Wars show  :)
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Sophie Scholl

Awesome little movie. At this point, I don't even care if the game sucks if they keep putting out content like this.  :lol:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Syt

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 14, 2020, 02:01:18 PM
That trailer reminds me of the Clone Wars show  :)

They got help from pros:
QuoteMade in collaboration by Motive Studios, Lucasfilm, and ILM, "Hunted" is set before the events of STAR WARS: Squadrons, introducing you to one of the ace pilots who you'll be fighting alongside in the story to unfold.
—Stephen Jay Gould

DontSayBanana

Quote from: celedhring on September 14, 2020, 11:32:51 AM
I hate that videogame cutscenes are more interesting than the current Star Wars films.  :(

OT, but I feel like that's because cutscenes are more utilitarian than standard filmmaking- they're really there just to segue into different level designs. We don't worry as much about motivation or plausible deniability because we're already in the PC's head providing that motivation ourselves. That's where the Disney trilogy and Solo got bogged down- they buckled under the weight/pressure of constant callbacks to tie themselves back to the original trilogy's characters; they were so self-referential that they didn't really leave themselves much room to tell a unique story. Say what you will about TLJ, but I feel like Johnson ultimately got cut for deviating too far from the callbacks gold mine for Disney's/Abram's liking.
Experience bij!

Barrister

Barrister

Game comes out tomorrow.

Pre-ordered. -_-

Barrister

No one else interested in this one?

Tamas

I am very much so. :) Just pondering if I should bother swiftly relocating to the Pacific to start playing it half a day earlier.

Syt

I have it in m library, but ... eh. I will probably play the campaign at some point and maybe some battles against bots, but I'm in no rush.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Barrister

Quote from: Tamas on October 01, 2020, 02:58:28 PM
I am very much so. :) Just pondering if I should bother swiftly relocating to the Pacific to start playing it half a day earlier.

Supposedly it is released world-wide at midnight in London, which should be 5pm MDT.