JK Rowling reveals she is survivor of domestic abuse and sexual assault

Started by garbon, June 11, 2020, 07:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

Bad things can happen to bad people. She's still trash. I'm so glad I never got into Harry Potter.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Valmy

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on June 14, 2020, 05:43:58 PM
Bad things can happen to bad people. She's still trash. I'm so glad I never got into Harry Potter.

Damn.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on June 14, 2020, 07:25:41 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on June 14, 2020, 05:43:58 PM

Damn.

Yeah, intolerance is an ugly thing (and it isn't JK Rowling that is being intolerant).

I don't wish bad things on intolerant assholes, though.  I leave the assholiness to them.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Watching the Twitter Left is like watching the abused become the abuser.

HVC

I'm just getting a sick kick out of people with Harry Potter tattoos freaking out. Mainly because fad tattoos are annoying
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Solmyr

Quote from: DGuller on June 14, 2020, 08:34:48 PM

Eh, she retweeted and posted crappy shit and is being called out on it. Doesn't matter if she was abused or not, she's not immune to criticism because of it.

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on June 15, 2020, 03:46:39 AM

Eh, she retweeted and posted crappy shit and is being called out on it. Doesn't matter if she was abused or not, she's not immune to criticism because of it.

Yeah, she taints the purity of the revolution at her own peril, amiright?

The Brain

What was the crappiest shit she retweeted and posted?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Solmyr

Quote from: Tamas on June 15, 2020, 03:48:51 AM

What the fuck are you talking about? :huh:

The Brain

Quote from: The Brain on June 15, 2020, 03:55:07 AM

What was the crappiest shit she retweeted and posted?

I didn't phrase this very well. What I'm interested in is some examples of the crappy shit she retweeted or posted, so I can form some kind of opinion myself.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on June 15, 2020, 03:48:51 AM

:huh:

From what I saw in her essay (and what she posted on twitter), she claims she is a trans ally but then parrots all of the standard scaremongering lines that are used by people who are anti-trans.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

I was having a stab at Solmyr for usually being such a hardcore woke person. :P Not all threads are self-contained little universes, people.