News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Kim Jong Un dead?

Started by Syt, April 25, 2020, 04:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Valmy on April 28, 2020, 04:54:29 PM
I just cannot buy any of them after the blatant false advertising of the first one.

:D
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

Quote from: Camerus on April 28, 2020, 05:34:14 PM
I assume it's a joke that it's not a "final" fantasy since there are many more of them in the series.

My dad made the same joke, back when I bought Final Fantasy II (IV) in the early - mid 90s.
:pinch:

Monoriu

I assume it's a joke that it's not a "final" fantasy since there are many more of them in the series.

My dad made the same joke, back when I bought Final Fantasy II (IV) in the early - mid 90s.

Huh, never thought of it that way  :lol:

derspiess

Dad jokes never go out of style.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Being a dad it was a required joke.

But seriously I actually have never played any of them since the first one. Just coincidentally.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Monoriu

I think I only ever completed FF7, which is considered a classic.  I bought FF8 but didn't get very far.  I also played FF13 up to around mid-way I think.  Like most Japanese RPGs, these games have excellent characters, graphics, stories, and music, but the game mechanics are repetitive and boring.  There is very limited freedom compared with western RPGs.  They are the opposite of go anywhere, do anything. 

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Monoriu on April 28, 2020, 05:55:03 PM

Huh, never thought of it that way  :lol:

Sir Dinadan the Humorist made the same joke back in the 6th century after being told about FFI by a time traveller.

celedhring

Beat 7,8,9,10 back in the 1990s when I had enough time to beat games. It's the only JRPG I've been thoroughly addicted to.

I had a nostalgia bout a few years ago and tried to beat 12, but got bored quickly.

Camerus

Quote from: DGuller on April 28, 2020, 05:46:49 PM

:pinch:

Heh, I didn't intend as a dis at Valmy. Just a happy memory from yesteryear.  :)

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Monoriu

Latest official photograph of Kim.  It shows the date as 1 May 2020.

She appeared in what appears to be a fresh look, with head bands and eye shadow? 

DGuller

Sorry to burst everyone's fantasies, but once the clapping analysis is done, the two to Kim's right are so going to be executed.  :(.

Josephus

Quote from: DGuller on May 02, 2020, 07:06:41 AM
Sorry to burst everyone's fantasies, but once the clapping analysis is done, the two to Kim's right are so going to be executed.  :(.

Why? Is eating toast a crime? :(
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Nice of Trump to note he's still happy he's alive.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.